1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

47 years in New England and now to NorthCarolina

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nhglock, Jul 19, 2013.

1. nhglock

nhglock

Hello all,well after 47 good years in New England.Twenty five in Mass,& 22 in NH. The wife and I are moving to NC.We started talking about it a couple years ago..We have never been a fan of the winters here.Allthough we have no issue with the heat and humidity in NC. Anyway like all states there are some good things an bad things.MY wife starts a new job there next month.And Im going through the process with another company.So are there any other members on here that moved to NC?David

1 person likes this.

2. Gidge

Gidge

Best of luck in your new home ! [cheers]

3. Rockrivr1

Rockrivr1 NES Member

Must be something about the Carolinas as I have two cousin and my former boss that all moved down there within the last year. Enjoy!

4. 01bmf

01bmf

I just moved to southern VA this week. We're living just over the border of NC. My Sister moved down to NC a couple years ago.

1 person likes this.
  5. Stryker

Stryker NES Member

Congrats and safe travels to your new home!

6. Artie

Artie NES Member

Congrats on the move.
    Wife is originally from there and we have some land so we will be heading down in the future. We are in the Ashville area and would move right now if I could sell the house and nab a decent job.
    Good luck and enjoy.

7. nhglock

nhglock

Thanks guys

8. daveshrews

daveshrews

Where in NC are you headed? My wife is originally from Charlotte and I'm originally from WV, and we have talked about moving to either NC or VA in the next 5-8 years. It's a gorgeous state, and I think you'll enjoy it there. If you have any questions about the state or different areas, let me know!

9. Boghog1

Boghog1

Good luck

10. Skeeter

Skeeter

Congrats on the move. I just returned from NC (was there for 10 days on business). I'd love to move there if I could. Best of luck!

11. cockpitbob

cockpitbob NES Member

My brother and his wife have lived all over and they liked NC the best. They are in a super nice neighborhood in MD but miss NC.

Enjoy!

12. nhglock

nhglock

We will be moving to a town called Mebane. It is about 23 miles from Durham.At least in the short term.And see how we like that area.

13. cockpitbob

cockpitbob NES Member

My brother was in Cary, about 40 miles from Mebane. Your going to like it there.

14. jarhead66

jarhead66

CARY= Community Association of Relocated Yankees? [wink]

15. Terminator03

Terminator03

My wife scours the real estate ads constantly looking at homes in NC. We have family that just moved to the Wake Forest area about a year ago, one of our sons is starting college in NC this fall, and I'm fed up with the laws here for both my automotive as well as gun hobbies so all it's going to take is selling the house, and finding a company that can transfer me down there to get us out of here! Congrats on the move!

16. Duece

Duece

My wife and I have discussed moving. We are waiting though until our granddaughter finishes high school. 2 more years to go.....
    We will consider the carolina's, Arizona is something we "almost" did in 2007, I actually had flown out and accepted a job out there but then the economy tanked and I decided to sit tight.........

I would like to consider something like Montana, several things may play into that as I have a couple of things in the works vut it's all but a forgone conclusion that we will be getting out of the northeast in the not too distant future....

17. fw190

fw190

Seems a lot of people are going south,, due to recent home situation here I am now free to move and am thinking of towards NM, AZ or NV. a little more heat and a lot less humidity. I have never done a big move before and where I will end up I will know nobody and will have to find employment fairly quickly and get rid of the house here. Having been to both NC and SC I like them both but not sure I want to deal with the humidity. Good luck to all that are going,,,,