• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

45acp....learning

I have over 2lbs of #2400 gun powder left over from what i use to use in a 44 mag, Is therea safe load for the 45 acp useing this powder with a 200 gr. cast bullet.
i have both lyman 3rd and 4th addition cast handbook and 2400 is not listed for 45acp ?

I dont know if its safe. 2400 gets to peak pressure pretty fast? I dont know ifthats good or bad for 45acp? will you end up with a lot of unburnt powder ?

Is there safe load for the 45 acp using this powder with a 200 gr. cast bullet.

There may be an Internet load out there somewhere, but generally, no.
Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide
Surely there are some cast bullet rifle calibers that you reload, as 2400 is very suitable for many loads/calibers, too. Lyman will likely have more data than most other load manuals.
If not, swap it with someone for a suitable .45 ACP powder.

There may be an Internet load out there somewhere, but generally, no.
Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide
Surely there are some cast bullet rifle calibers that you reload, as 2400 is very suitable for many loads/calibers, too. Lyman will likely have more data than most other load manuals.
If not, swap it with someone for a suitable .45 ACP powder.
I use 2400 for reduced loads in 30 cal rifle families. Its good for that. 2400 has data for lots of magnum loads or higher velocity like the M1 carbine and 44 magnum?
Im thinking it just lacks the gas volume to cycle the slide?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom