• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.454 heads

I'm looking to buy .454 lead heads for a 45 colt in SE Massachusetts. Anyone know where around here I can find something like this? All I've seen at the shops are the .452s but they are too small for my barrel. I'd like to order them online, but you know how that goes in MA.

Any help is appreciated.

What caliber are you loading for,just out of curiosity?

It is a single action chambered in .45 colt. The .452s that I have for the .45 ACP just slide in and out of the barrel with room to spare so I know I've got to go with a .454 bullet. Or atleast that is what I presume. I'm somewhat of a newbie.

You should size to the diameter of your chamber mouths for the best results.
Who is the maker of the pistol? If the chamber mouths and barrel are that oversized I think you might want to have a talk with the manufacturer and /or the importer as I think your pistol may be out of SAAMI specs. I have 3 45 Colt revolvers and the bores are .451-.452 and chamber mouths are .453. I size my bullets to .454 .

It is a single action chambered in .45 colt. The .452s that I have for the .45 ACP just slide in and out of the barrel with room to spare so I know I've got to go with a .454 bullet. Or atleast that is what I presume. I'm somewhat of a newbie.

Colt went to .451 bore diameter sometime after WWII in the single action pistols. I would try the .452 bullets and only switch to .454 if accuracy becomes a problem.

Here's one source for lead bullets sized .454: www.moyerscastbullets.com and I know there are several others out there.

I have no personal experience with them, so know nothing about their shipping policies, but as a last resort you could always have your local gun shop order them for you.

Back
Top Bottom