45 suppressor

I was able to scrape the money out of my cars cup holders and from in-between the couch cushions inorder to pay the $200 tax for NFA items. What I did was buy an Alpha Dog Arms 45 suppressor. I did this back on July 1st to finally use my NFA trust. I went down to the FFL this Saturday and got to shoot the can while its in ATF jail waiting for up to a year and a half before I can keep it at home.
I put the Alpha 45 on my 1911 and its pretty awesome. I shot it wet with no ear plugs and it was hearing safe, but not movie quiet. Its my first can I've purchased and I'm glad I went local (made in CT).
I put 50 rounds through it and had a blast shooting a few small steel targets at 20 yards. I have heard of POA/POI changes when you put a can on the end of your barrel but I didn't notice anything different. I haven't been to the range since my last NRA pistol safety class in the spring. I love it though and can't wait for thee ATF to do their job.IMG_1263.jpg

I have a yhm ult ti for my 300blk 10.5 ar in transit to a local dealer. Hope he will let me visit it.

I do not know the wet suppression DB but I think I can dig up some YouTube and figure it out.
This brand of can gets a lot of flak because it has a rail on it. It serves as a heat sink and does a really good job. 3 mag dumps and I took it off right after firing and it was mildly warm but not hot. That and it's got built in sights of your pistol doesn't have suppressor sights.
Also you can put anything that attaches to the rail on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope mass stops taking away rights and starts
Seeing the benefits of sound suppressing. These moo bats believe what's in movies that a single bad guy can lay havoc.

A lot of people ask 'Why do you need a suppressor?'
I think a suppressor is a handy tool which enhances safety. If used in a hunting situation it preserves the hunters hearing. When not using ear protection and adds to situational awareness. On the range where enthusiasts use suppressors, it increases safety because shooters can hear what is going on around them. In an instructing application I can better teach the student how to fire safely.
They do not make a firearm movie quiet but manageable so I do not need ear plus or ear muffs. I can hear if something else is in my firing area and stop firing until wildlife or hiker move past safely on private property.
Back to the can though. It makes shooting hearing safe. It remains cool after multiple magazines so I do not need a welding glove to remove it. It is light and does the job very well. I am excited for when the ATF is finished with my paperwork so I can take it home. Expect a detailed review on the Alpha 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom