• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

45 Project

TonyD

One Shot One Maggie's Drawers
My Sunday evening project - last night:

Hold my beer and watch this!

The Arena:

45Camo004.jpg

After the hard work

45Camo007.jpg

Four hours, six Beck's, and a half bottle of Crown later:

45Camo019.jpg

That looks sweet!

ETA: I can't believe I actually see a shooting cart in that pic... [wink] Someone paid for a conversion kit. [shocked]

Nice work Tony. Is that Duracoat?

Yes. Shot a match Sat. so I have the 3 -4 weeks for curing before the next match.

That looks sweet!

ETA: I can't believe I actually see a shooting cart in that pic... [wink] Someone paid for a conversion kit. [shocked]

Hell, yeah! It ain't got no zippers but by-God it has wheels! Notice the aiming dot on the wall to the left? [wink]

How did you go about prepping the metal first, and what finish did you remove?

It was SS to begin with. I wire-wheeled it with a Dremel, then polished everything with 400 grit paper. I washed everything with brake cleaner and let air dry. I have no idea how durable it will ultimately be but, again, it's SS underneath so I'm out nothing.

The bulk of the price is the stencils. If you are careful you can peal off and reuse them.

Thanks for the info. I'd like to see an update after you are able to take it out and shoot it, to see how it holds up.

Back
Top Bottom