• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

45 options

ok, so the mony was burning a hole in my pocket today,
went to zha, they got in a special edition sig 220 but it was too much for me
beautiful gun, but big bucks. i did not go home empty handed, though
i went w/ the glock 21 sf. i picked this for a couple of reasons.
price was right, felt good in my hands, and, the bigger reason,
i'm thinking about sbr'ing it, w/ a caa roni stock . yes it's a gimmick stock, but very cool looking
all in all, i'm happy w/ the glock. i'm planning on hitting the range tomorrow night to break it in
thx for all the input / idea's/ and sugestions
garyz

You might try and find a Beretta Px4. The Special Duty is kind of pricey but the standard Px4 is not that bad. Might be kind of hard to land one in MA as they are not on the roster.

Otherwise I think your are looking at S&W or Glock.

By the way - I own a P220. Go figure.

Last edited:
I own more guns in .45acp than any other caliber but most are not polymer framed semi autos. If it must be a semi auto with a polymer frame, I'd suggest the Kahr.

I have shot a lot of 1911 small and large. Owned a full sized xd for a while before giving as a gift to a good friend of mine, recently wanted to buy a "nice" 45 and the hk45c was my choice.. Love it and then saw it had an option for a laser, well hell ya!
65d9bf1d.jpg
Firers a little softer then reg. 45 rds because of this plastic/nylon bushing on the recoil spring..

Why no Sig p250? If the trigger gets fixed, what else is wrong with it? I'm wanting to get one this weekend!

Charles.

From my understanding and I could be wrong but I believe the trigger spring doubles as the reset spring so if you try to lighten the trigger you will slow the reset of the trigger.

Glock 30 I just picked up. I do like the 45 cartridge, big kick, big holes.
tex

I, too, like 45 ACP. But I've never found it to have a lot of recoil. .40 defensive loads in a compact gun? Yup, a lot of recoil. Full house .357 in a K-frame? Yup, a lot of recoil. But 45 in a 1911 or Glock 30? They never seemed to have much recoil to me and I'm a wuss.

I, too, like 45 ACP. But I've never found it to have a lot of recoil. .40 defensive loads in a compact gun? Yup, a lot of recoil. Full house .357 in a K-frame? Yup, a lot of recoil. But 45 in a 1911 or Glock 30? They never seemed to have much recoil to me and I'm a wuss.

I agree with you 100%. The G30 is a .22 compared with the G36 [laugh].

I love the 1911 kick, it's not too much but just enough to make me grin. The G30 is a really nice shooter and if you need to have a 45 ACP in a subcompact polymer gun, the G30/ G30SF fits the role perfect.

My bride's Airweight 642 has way more kick with .38 spl UMC than my R1 Enhanced with Federal Premium. And the 1911 is smoother than my Glock.

Back
Top Bottom