45 ACP or 10mm Glock

I have a G20, 2 G21's & a G30. As was mentioned if you are not going to carry the G30 stick with the G21, unless you just want to have a collection. I am still looking for a G29. I've found a reasonably priced frame for a G29 gen 4 but haven't found a gen 4 slide yet. As for reloading, I too reloaded for .40 then bought another set of dies for 10mm that way when everything was set up I don't have to keep making adjustments. Also got lucky with 500 pieces of brand new Starline 10mm brass for short money a few years back.

Get a G20 and a 45acp conversion barrel and some 45acp mags then you have both. No other mods have to be made the gun will work with both Calibers.

How? G19 is a best-seller and G17 is an original Glock. That's about it.

The 40 story is dramatic, full of upsets and twists. Love it or hate it, 40 cal and Glock 22/23 are famous.

"crack smoke wafts through air"

Nobody correlates G22/G23 as being "famous" well maybe for firing a shit caliber

OTOH, the G17 is practically iconic as the gun that literally changed the industry.

My two G21's (SF and Gen 4) are my most accurate Glocks so I would definitely go with the 21 or the 20. The 21 is also the softest shooting .45 acp pistol I have shot. If you reload, the 20 is certainly an option but if you will ever be buying the ammo, 10mm is very expensive vs .45 (Federal American Eagle, Blazer Brass, etc.).

32ACP is enough to stop people around the world, especially in Europe where there are more 'gays' according to NES. In America, you need something above a FOTAY. Can't go wrong with either Glock Perfection in .45 or 10 milli mil.

I own both so I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. As for reloading, the 10mm will use the same dies and bullets but a large primer and a case that you usually won't find on the ground at the club. You'll find lots of .40 but not very much 10mm.

You kinda proved my point: the caliber is infamous if not for anything else, for generating the most "gay" remarks on NES.
You can't say you like .40 on NES. Its not tolerated.

It's a shitty caliber.....too much snappy and uncontollable than the 9mm, yet made for women because its not a 10mm.

I'm still sorting out how that can be, so all we can call it is shitty.

At some point in time there were more Glock 22's in police holsters, and crack houses than any other gun probably, but its not famous.

Flame on brothers!

I'm still sorting out how that can be, so all we can call it is shitty.
100%. It's too snappy for a 9 but not snappy enough like a 10. Pick a side already.

I load my own ammo and even at IDPA minimum loads, 180gr still carries more energy than a typical 9mm 115gr. I also worked up an absolute minimum load possible in order to cycle trusty 'ole G23. The thing recoils less than any factory 9mm! Added 0.2gr from the minimum and made up a batch just for ladies that come shooting with me. Yep, my second date scenario is a gun range followed by drinks and dinner and if things go well, more drinks and other pleasantries later. So no, 40 has little to do with "gay".

OP asked about .45acp and 10mm. Suddenly people are butthurt because .40 wasn't an option. I swear, .40 people are as bad as vegans - they can't go five minutes without mentioning it despite no one caring.

And I told him to buy the .45!

Because setting up for a 10mm from a .40 would still be a PIA. Id rather just have a set of .45 dies and swap them out.

I think you .40 haters are the worst for jumping on anything that remotely says .40 isnt trash.

Glocks are nice, I have a Glock 22 as my winter carry. But for 10mm range action I've got a SW 610 with a 6" barrel good for 10mm/.40, and yes, revolvers are fun to shoot. I've also got a TRP Operator in 10mm with a 6" barrel. That's setup like a 1911 and my personal favorite. Bottom line, don't be afraid to experiment with another brand. Shoot with a friend or rent at a range to see what else is out there.

I also carry other polymer framed pistols as an EDC, but for pure enjoyment there's nothing like a hunk of steel in your hand, you might surprise yourself with what else you like.

Good luck

Because setting up for a 10mm from a .40 would still be a PIA. Id rather just have a set of .45 dies and swap them out.
Very good point! I went that route as well. It's better to have a 45 setup than a 10mm setup.
Imagine comparing a G22 to the 1911.
There is no doubt in 1911 celebrity status. This is why I did preface my claims with the "Of all Glocks out there", didn't I? I'm quirky, not silly...silly

I EDC'd a G21 (and occasionally a G30) for about 20 years.
Eventually got rid of the G30 when I cut the grip of the G21 down (G21K).

I picked up a G20 with the thought of hunting with it, but haven't done so.

A number of years ago I started to EDC a G17K.

So I like Glocks. They fit my hand well, always go bang, and I like shooting all that I've owned. I was thinking of adding a Glock 30SF or 30S (45 ACP), but I don't own a 45 and am not setup to reload 45. I do own a couple 40s, so once my backordered Dillon 10mm/40 dies come in, I'll be set to load for 10mm. I've been checking out the Glock 20, 21, 29, and 30 reviews, etc on youtube. Right now, I'm leaning towards 10mm, but I'm still undecided if I should just add 45 or go with 10mm. While I won't likely carry either gun, I'm still leaning towards the smaller Glock 29/30's vs 20 and 21.

So what say NES?!
My duty gun is a G21 and it's an ungodly brick (and I have very large hands). I don't know anything about the 10mm versions, but all of my personal Glocks in my stable are of the double stack 9mm variety (G17, G19, G26 & G45-which is my favorite and current carry gun). I've held the G30SF, it's just a shorter brick. I can shoot the G2 fine, just not a fan.

I carry the G21 gen 4 during the winter and i find it real good sometimes even with a base plate extension on my pre ban mag. I think belt & holster play a huge part in comfort.

I think the Gen4 Glock 20 is a particularly nice gun. I own one, shoot it well, enjoy it. A 29 is probably in my future as a scaled down version to what I'm a fan of. I'll probably never own a Glock in 45, just doesn't strike me as interesting. 9mm sure, hard not to love a 19.

I think 45 has a cool factor in say a 1911 or Sig 220, some big metal frame models, but it's impractical - large and not particularly well performing. Nothing wrong with it just for any practical use 10mm is as good or better and cost of ammo is pretty similar.

I sold my G20. I’m not sure where it fits in. The G29 is for woods carry where the G20 is just too big. For range use, I’d get a Dan Wesson Kodiak or a Tanfoglio. And for hunting, I’d go back to the 6” Kodiak.

I have owned all 3 of the Glock 10mm G4 guns & only kept the G4 29 , because I like its compact size... I like it for woods carry / home defense

I sold my G20. I’m not sure where it fits in. The G29 is for woods carry where the G20 is just too big. For range use, I’d get a Dan Wesson Kodiak or a Tanfoglio. And for hunting, I’d go back to the 6” Kodiak.
I have owned all 3 of the Glock 10mm G4 guns & only kept the G4 29 , because I like its compact size... I like it for woods carry / home defense

I'm kinda surprised for woods carry it makes a difference, being on your hip or chest, but maybe when I get a 29 I will feel the same way. Do you notice a more defined snap with 10mm in the smaller platform?

Back
Top Bottom