• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

45 ACP or 10mm Glock

I'm kinda surprised for woods carry it makes a difference, being on your hip or chest, but maybe when I get a 29 I will feel the same way. Do you notice a more defined snap with 10mm in the smaller platform?
I actually find the 29 more comfortable to shoot. Small hands. But definitely noticeable size difference between the two. I just don’t see a reason to carry the 20 when I can carry the 29. Every bit of size and weight matter to me when carrying in the woods. For precision shooting there are better alternatives.

Get a G21 45cal and a 10mm conversion barrel and some 10mm mags. You will have two guns at a substantialy reduced cost of getting two guns and end up with two guns.

I ended up with neither...at least for now. Decided on another 9mm instead. Already had mags and already load for 9, etc. Bought a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS.
Nice, can't go wrong with that choice.

Get a G21 45cal and a 10mm conversion barrel and some 10mm mags. You will have two guns at a substantialy reduced cost of getting two guns and end up with two guns.

You don't actually have two guns though, you have a .45 thats been hackneyed into being a 10mm, using the wrong breechface. Yeah it works, but its nasty. You have one
gun that dresses in drag on the weekends and can mostly pretend to be 10mm is what you have at the end.

Don't mind me though, I irrationally hate conversion barrels. Like with a blood red, deep seated hate. Like 1877 Kars for Kids, or the paul mc cartney christmas song.

Like If I bought a used pistol with a conversion barrel I would offer the barrel to my friends first for free. I would literally give it away. Or donate it to a gun instructor or something. If nobody wanted it I would actually throw it straight into the trash. I just think that stuff is garbage. Glocks are cheap enough that theres very little reason to not buy an extra gun. (you can buy like two large frame glocks for a little more than the cost of a decent 1911, as an example) And if you can afford 10mm you can easily afford an extra gun. On the used market you could probably get two large frames for right around a grand or less. Depending on the generation you want. Also theres a value prop problem. If I buy a G20 and a G21 at tthe end.... I actually have two guns. If I was stupid and needed money I can sell one of them as a complete gun. I cannot do that if I flinted out and bought a conversion barrel.

A conversion barrel gets me none of that win, and a loss in the form of a conversion barrel that basically very few people want. Dead weight dust collector.

Also every time I see someone with one of these shitty conversion barrels (although its usually the 40 to 9 thing) theyre always running the caliber they converted to, like they made a mistake in buying the original gun or something. It's cheaper to just buy the gun you really wanted to begin with. [laugh]

"Two is one and one is none" or something like that

You don't actually have two guns though, you have a .45 thats been hackneyed into being a 10mm, using the wrong breechface. Yeah it works, but its nasty. You have one
gun that dresses in drag on the weekends and can mostly pretend to be 10mm is what you have at the end.

Don't mind me though, I irrationally hate conversion barrels. Like with a blood red, deep seated hate. Like 1877 Kars for Kids, or the paul mc cartney christmas song.

Like If I bought a used pistol with a conversion barrel I would offer the barrel to my friends first for free. I would literally give it away. Or donate it to a gun instructor or something. If nobody wanted it I would actually throw it straight into the trash. I just think that stuff is garbage. Glocks are cheap enough that theres very little reason to not buy an extra gun. (you can buy like two large frame glocks for a little more than the cost of a decent 1911, as an example) And if you can afford 10mm you can easily afford an extra gun. On the used market you could probably get two large frames for right around a grand or less. Depending on the generation you want. Also theres a value prop problem. If I buy a G20 and a G21 at tthe end.... I actually have two guns. If I was stupid and needed money I can sell one of them as a complete gun. I cannot do that if I flinted out and bought a conversion barrel.

A conversion barrel gets me none of that win, and a loss in the form of a conversion barrel that basically very few people want. Dead weight dust collector.

Also every time I see someone with one of these shitty conversion barrels (although its usually the 40 to 9 thing) theyre always running the caliber they converted to, like they made a mistake in buying the original gun or something. It's cheaper to just buy the gun you really wanted to begin with. [laugh]

"Two is one and one is none" or something like that

Same here. I don't want to have to sell one gun and then have a pile of useless parts just to save $100. If I can't afford 2 guns I'll just have 1.

I'm super green on conversion barrels. Sounds like people don't like them though. Question: If you put in a 10mm barrel into a 45 acp pistol, how the hell does the extractor and ejector work? Aren't the casings way different?

So I like Glocks. They fit my hand well, always go bang, and I like shooting all that I've owned. I was thinking of adding a Glock 30SF or 30S (45 ACP), but I don't own a 45 and am not setup to reload 45. I do own a couple 40s, so once my backordered Dillon 10mm/40 dies come in, I'll be set to load for 10mm. I've been checking out the Glock 20, 21, 29, and 30 reviews, etc on youtube. Right now, I'm leaning towards 10mm, but I'm still undecided if I should just add 45 or go with 10mm. While I won't likely carry either gun, I'm still leaning towards the smaller Glock 29/30's vs 20 and 21.

So what say NES?!
Pm sent

Back
Top Bottom