.45 acp M&P

SA John

Banned
Who has an M&P .45acp and likes their gun? Have you had any trouble getting extra magazines?

SA John

Who has an M&P .45acp and likes their gun? Have you had any trouble getting extra magazines?

SA John

I just bought one a week ago. Nice gun. It's my 2nd M&P. It came with 2 mags and I sent in the papers for the 2 free clips they were offering at the time. I have not recieved them yet though.

Me!! I had Greg Derr do a trigger job on it and now it is a sweet 5# gun!

I had to wait a while to get them (back-ordered) but did get some additional mags for the gun last Fall.

The free mags from S&W take at least 2 months and oftentimes 3 months before you'll receive them.

Here are a couple threads that were started when the M&P 45 first came out:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21066&highlight=m&p

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50358&highlight=m&p

I got my hands on one right away, and ended up selling it a couple months later. If I recall, my thoughts were:

The trigger was god awful, and I had a free state #6.5; it was more like #7.5, and it had this terrible double reset. I've heard that a Derr or Burwell trigger job will do wonders, but I never bothered to invest the money.

Ergonomics were amazing.

No cocked hammer indicator and a useless loaded chamber indicator were disappointing.

Reliability was excellent for the short time I had it.

Takedown requires pulling a tool out of the backstrap - this was very annoying.

Magazines were plentiful - 2 come with the gun, I got 2 more free (and a free range bag) from S&W with purchase.

Accuracy was on par with what you'd expect from a $500 polymer gun with a heavy trigger.

All in all, my XD 45 beat it in nearly all categories, and I sold it shortly after I got it and bought another XD…

I liked mine very much... amazing ergonomics, lightweight, very easy to strip. The post above mentions that you had to pull a tool from the backstrap, but that was just what S&W recommended. I never used it.

My daily carry is a M&P 9c, so I am a bit partial to the M&P line. I ended up passing the M&P45 to my brother, and he now uses it as daily carry.

I was very interested in the M&P 45. Unfortunately the wait has been far too long for me in MA. S&W is a MA arms manufacturer and should make their products available to home state residents. Their failure to do so has greatly disappointed me. They are losing a big fan.

I was very interested in the M&P 45. Unfortunately the wait has been far too long for me in MA. S&W is a MA arms manufacturer and should make their products available to home state residents. Their failure to do so has greatly disappointed me. They are losing a big fan.

WTF? S&W has the majority of their guns available to Mass residents. The M&P 45 fiasco was the result of the AG NOT S&W. If you want to bitch about a MA firearms manufacturer not selling in MA bitch about Springfield Armory.

WTF? S&W has the majority of their guns available to Mass residents. The M&P 45 fiasco was the result of the AG NOT S&W. If you want to bitch about a MA firearms manufacturer not selling in MA bitch about Springfield Armory.

S&W has had plenty of time to square things with the AG, they just don't seem to care. The last time I checked Springfield Armory was located in Genesio, Illinois.

Figured I'd bump this rather than make a whole new thread. I was handling one of the M&P45's today at FS, and I definitely love the ergonomics. But like everyone said, the trigger is junk. Anybody an HSC member that has the trigger job done? I'd like to handle a fixed one before buying a broken one. I really want to pick one up, but I remember cap guns from when I was a kid that had better trigger pulls.

Figured I'd bump this rather than make a whole new thread. I was handling one of the M&P45's today at FS, and I definitely love the ergonomics. But like everyone said, the trigger is junk. Anybody an HSC member that has the trigger job done? I'd like to handle a fixed one before buying a broken one. I really want to pick one up, but I remember cap guns from when I was a kid that had better trigger pulls.

Are these guns for sale?

Are these guns for sale?

The M&P45's at FS? Yeah. There was at least one when I went there yesterday. Judging by the way they're advertising them, I suspect they have a lot more than that.

http://www.fsguns.com/fsg_new_hg.html Just scroll down a bit and it's right there.

"S&W M&P .45's are on SPECIAL!
Our storage area is bulging with inventory
and we need to make room for new arrivals."

Last edited:
But wait, there's more! Carl has this nasty way of always making these decisions harder for me at the worst possible time.

From this morning's FS spam:

We sell this excellent pistol for $579. PLUS………
1) Pay with cash, check or debit and we’ll give you an additional discount.
2) You get the 2 free magazines from S&W valued at $40 each.
3) We will throw in at No Charge a box of Federal American Eagle .45 ammo (A $24 value)
Only 15 are available on the free ammo special. These will sell quickly.

The M&P45's at FS? Yeah. There was at least one when I went there yesterday. Judging by the way they're advertising them, I suspect they have a lot more than that.

http://www.fsguns.com/fsg_new_hg.html Just scroll down a bit and it's right there.

"S&W M&P .45's are on SPECIAL!
Our storage area is bulging with inventory
and we need to make room for new arrivals."

Thanks. I handled one a long time ago at FS but was told it couldn't be sold in MA. I have been checking the web site ever since. I guess I sort of gave up and haven't been visiting the FS site often enough. Here goes my tax refund!

Back
Top Bottom