• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

434 Million Firearms Manufactured for Private Ownership over Past 25 Years

Knob Creek

NES Member
Good job everyone. No data on how many were for NES members.

'The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) indicates 434 million firearms were manufactured for private ownership over the last 25 years alone.'

'Breitbart News spoke with NSSF public affairs director Mark Oliva late Tuesday and he explained that the 434 million firearms were made for “civilian possession.” This means the whopping figure of 434 million includes firearms made in America for Americans and firearms made abroad then imported into America for Americans.

For those who might ask what percentage of firearms are domestically made versus imported, NSSF production figures show six million firearms were made in the U.S. in 2019 and 3.3. million were imported. The NSSF notes:"

There are approximately 71.2 million pistol magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds, and 79.2 million rifle magazines capable of holding 30 or more rounds in circulation.

434 Million Firearms Made for Private Ownership Over Past 25 Years

There are approximately 71.2 million pistol magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds, and 79.2 million rifle magazines capable of holding 30 or more rounds in circulation.

I'd bet those numbers don't include the countless millions of mags surplussed out by local military/Nat Guard/etc back when that was commonplace or the other millions of mags sent back for credit by PD's when they turned in their old guns for new ones.

For the last three decades the media has been saying "there are over 300 million guns in the hands of Americans", we all knew it was higher, but that number barely changed until recently.
So if you add the 434 million new guns made since the mid 90's, the real number must closer to 800 million.

Im shocked we dont have a real problem with people shooting eachother..Once you take out all the suicides and police shootings it’s actually a reasonable number of shootings. Don’t quote me on that it would make liberals heads explode that there’s a “reasonable” number of shootings..
With all the new gun owner ship..And this Covid thing it’s no surprise that people off themselves and/orshoot themselves by accidents(negligence)is on the rise.

My estimate is there’s over a half 1 billion guns floating around

Im shocked we dont have a real problem with people shooting eachother..Once you take out all the suicides and police shootings it’s actually a reasonable number of shootings. Don’t quote me on that it would make liberals heads explode that there’s a “reasonable” number of shootings..
With all the new gun owner ship..And this Covid thing it’s no surprise that people off themselves and/orshoot themselves by accidents(negligence)is on the rise.

My estimate is there’s over a half 1 billion guns floating around
They wouldn't care. It's not about numbers, it's about how they feeeeeel

Good job everyone. No data on how many were for NES members.

'The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) indicates 434 million firearms were manufactured for private ownership over the last 25 years alone.'

'Breitbart News spoke with NSSF public affairs director Mark Oliva late Tuesday and he explained that the 434 million firearms were made for “civilian possession.” This means the whopping figure of 434 million includes firearms made in America for Americans and firearms made abroad then imported into America for Americans.

For those who might ask what percentage of firearms are domestically made versus imported, NSSF production figures show six million firearms were made in the U.S. in 2019 and 3.3. million were imported. The NSSF notes:"

434 Million Firearms Made for Private Ownership Over Past 25 Years

On another forum, I ran the numbers up of how much in tax revenue the feds would instantly acquire on paper. It's a large number.

Mags alone is around $15 billion.

It's 200/mag right?

Back
Top Bottom