43 Machine guns

I'm only seeing it say 7 machine guns, then out of the blue "You can't shoot 43 machine guns at the same time." Did I miss something?

nothing more than a loner-type person with some unusual political ideas.

This fits me to a T...but I don't break the law.

Last edited:
But it's true, you can't shoot more than one at a time. There is something bizarre about the idea that owning more than one gun makes you more dangerous than owning a single one. I don't know where this media myth got started...

It's obvious that there's more to the story on this guy, which I'm sure will come out. In a way though - short of using these to harm innocent people, I don't see what the big deal is. If he was a normal, hardworking citizen with no frozen parrots in his apartment, I'd think it was just a person exercising his Second Amendment Rights....[thinking]

“He told (an ATF agent) that he did not plan to sell the items from the storage unit, but rather planned to use the items at some uncertain date in the future,”
Does this sound familiar to anyone??

Ok...I so want to think, "hey, wtf, this guy may just be a loner-where's the crime?

But I just can't get past the frozen parrot thing

And that's just it. Combined with his "use at a later date" comment, I think the ATF may have prevented a tragedy. However, if he was anyone else, I'd likely be budgeting to contribute to his legal defense fund. There once was a time, (though long ago), that you could buy dynamite at the hardware store and a Thompson machine gun at your local sporting goods store. Those days are gone, but should not be....

And that's just it. Combined with his "use at a later date" comment, I think the ATF may have prevented a tragedy. However, if he was anyone else, I'd likely be budgeting to contribute to his legal defense fund. There once was a time, (though long ago), that you could buy dynamite at the hardware store and a Thompson machine gun at your local sporting goods store. Those days are gone, but should not be....

Exactly. I support any citizen's right to have everything mentioned. But, I also think that nutty people often leave clues and this guy:

1. Accidentally let the bill go so long that it was closed and sold, on a storage space in which he had, what can truly be called an arsenal. This tells me that something wasn't functioning correctly in his noggin.

2. Said he planned to use it at a later date. Again, something not so right in the noggin. I mean, even if you're kidding around. C'mon, homey ain't right.

3. Do we need a "three?" Well, frozen parrots. That's all. Nothing else to see. Just a couple of dead parrots, one in popsicle form. Cause I usually freeze my pet's when they croak...

1,2,3 strikes, you're out. It's Thorazine and pajamas time you for you cracker.

Exactly. I support any citizen's right to have everything mentioned. But, I also think that nutty people often leave clues and this guy:

1. Accidentally let the bill go so long that it was closed and sold, on a storage space in which he had, what can truly be called an arsenal. This tells me that something wasn't functioning correctly in his noggin.

2. Said he planned to use it at a later date. Again, something not so right in the noggin. I mean, even if you're kidding around. C'mon, homey ain't right.

3. Do we need a "three?" Well, frozen parrots. That's all. Nothing else to see. Just a couple of dead parrots, one in popsicle form. Cause I usually freeze my pet's when they croak...

1,2,3 strikes, you're out. It's Thorazine and pajamas time you for you cracker.

[laugh2] +1 for making me chuckle after a bizarre night last night, (and not good bizarre)...[wink]

Yea, the frozen parrot in the freezer really threw me for a loop....

my god. that just says it all right there.... BUT but but.... what about the parrot!!!!?! hmmm wonder how much c-4 one could stuff into a deboned parrot..... Monty Python anyone? This parrot is bleeding demised!!!

I wish I could be in the courtroom to hear them read off the charge of "illegally possessing an impressive array of firearms and explosives."

[rofl][laugh]

Begs the question...Chick with an adams apple??

LOL! Thankfully, not that bizarre...[smile] I arrived at a snowmobiling party to relax and unwind after a long day at DSG, only to find my best friend wasted to the point of non-comprehension. Plus, it was -19 with the wind chill. Thank God, I had my Get Home Bag, as I was woefully under-prepared. The fire was all but out and everyone was just smashed. Shortly after the sun went down, people evaporated and I was left with a wasted friend, 2 snowmobiles, 2 quads and trash everywhere. I got to ride 10-feet to pull the machines onto the trailer and spent a couple of hours trying to keep my buddy from freezing to death and picking up trash, (I'm anal-retentive about litter). This was after ferrying people who were riding with him, (equally wasted) home and returning to clean up a party I never got to enjoy...There's way more to it, (I mean, way), but I've hijacked enough....

I'm surprised the ATF didn't arrest and prosecute the guy who bought the contents as well, even though it was an innocent mistake.

That would be killing the golden goose. They never would have made this bust w/o that guy.

...In a way though - short of using these to harm innocent people, I don't see what the big deal is. If he was a normal, hardworking citizen with no frozen parrots in his apartment, I'd think it was just a person exercising his Second Amendment Rights....[thinking]
Loving these posts MassMark.

+1

[grin]

You know what makes more sense than outlawing machine guns? Outlawing cancer or the common cold. Instead of trying to stamp out inanimate objects that cause no harm in and of themselves, try outlawing a serious disease - at least then the illegitimate force of government would result in the elimination of something that we would genuinely like to see go away.

[rolleyes]

Yeah but once the case is finished it would be right up their alley to turn on this guy. Real class act...just like the rest of the alphabet agencies

As for the guns that are legal to own, I wonder if the guy will get them back after the trial. He bought them from the storage company fair and square. As for those that are not legal to own, do you suppose he'll be compensated by the gummint, or allowed to sell them through a licensed dealer?

Back
Top Bottom