• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

43 and 43X compatibility

I see a lot of information that says the slide from a 43X will fit on a G43 frame. My curiosity got to me and I called Glock this AM and spoke with tech support.
The 43X frame is one MM wider than the 43 and the barrel is longer in the 43X. Tech support says they are not interchangeable. I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried it and does the 43X slide function on a 43 frame?

Slide:
Barrel length

Frame:
Overall Width of frame
Trigger distance
Height of gun

All different

Slide width is the same

Dimensions:

Edit:

I just called up and asked.

The man said that a G43X slide is equal to the G43 slide.

I think the dust cover in the front of a G43X is slightly different than the G48.

If you have a G43 slide and want to turn it into a G43X by putting it a G48 frame - don't.

You are better off just buying a complete G43X. You'll get the front serrations. Also there is a tiny notch cut near the breach inside that allows for better shell extraction that is not erratic. Also, the dust cover would look right.

Also, the 48 and 43X don't have the bump on the side of the frame like the 43.

Last edited:
Is the point of replacing the slide just the forward slide serrations?
The 43X has a better ejection pattern as a result of the tiny notch in near the breach.

This notch is cut in all Glocks that also happen to have forward serrations.

The 43X has a better ejection pattern as a result of the tiny notch in near the breach.

This notch is cut in all Glocks that also happen to have forward serrations.
Interesting.

Could you elaborate a little more? I carry a 43 as my EDC, I've thought about getting front serrations added to it, but I can't say I've ever noticed any ejection issues. Is the notch supposed to give a more reliable ejection and less failures, a more consistent ejection (and arguably a more consistent kick), or what. Like, what is the practicality?

Genuinely curious.

Not quite what you're asking, but here's my personal experience:

The frames of the G43X and G48 are identical, they are not the same as a G43.
[G43X and G48 use interchangeable mags which hold 10 rounds; G43 has 6 round mag].

The slide from a G43 WILL fit on the frame from a G48/G43X.
The combination of a G48 frame and a G43 slide is a G43X.

I have NOT tried putting my G48 slide on my G43 frame.

Interesting.

Could you elaborate a little more? I carry a 43 as my EDC, I've thought about getting front serrations added to it, but I can't say I've ever noticed any ejection issues. Is the notch supposed to give a more reliable ejection and less failures, a more consistent ejection (and arguably a more consistent kick), or what. Like, what is the practicality?

Genuinely curious.

I see a lot of information that says the slide from a 43X will fit on a G43 frame. My curiosity got to me and I called Glock this AM and spoke with tech support.
The 43X frame is one MM wider than the 43 and the barrel is longer in the 43X. Tech support says they are not interchangeable. I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried it and does the 43X slide function on a 43 frame?
Interesting
I wonder the same thing I need to know ASAP 😩

It works, i have both and you can switch them, or the g48 slides, for that matter. All 3 interchange....

That said, not buying another gun is still basically lame.

Yes 43 and 43x slides are interchangeable. I called first to make sure, and they said go ahead. I have had zero malfunctions with a 43x slide on a 43 frame.

Local gunsmith has a 43x with a 43 slide on it. I asked him why. He said it came with the silver colored slide, which he didn't like, so he put the black 43 slide on it. I don't know what, if anything else, can be swapped. YMMV.

I tried it and yes it works fine I have a 43 x frame with a Glock 43 upper barrel and recoil rod

Back
Top Bottom