• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your AK

Armco was an importer in Boylston ma. So it's cool to see a local import, but also the import marks were just hastily electro-penciled underneath in front of the trigger guard. I'd send a picture but mines boxed up currently.
Crom works in funny ways.

Crom works in funny ways.

I noticed that today. Thought of this thread.

It really is weird how that happens.

Funny when I was at his shop many years ago in Boylston ma. I got one of these cards. I dont remember the Shrewsbury ma location. I remember his shop was small looked like in the basement of a building. He had lots of AKs and SKS guns in racks, crates and on walls and hanging from the ceilings and crates of 7.62x39mm ammo everywhere. It was like paradise. :) Those were the days.

Attachments

• 20210516_223217K.jpg
    20210516_223217K.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Funny when I was at his shop many years ago in Boylston ma. I got one of these cards. I dont remember the Shrewsbury ma location. I remember his shop was small looked like in the basement of a building. He had lots of AKs and SKS guns in racks, crates and on walls and hanging from the ceilings and crates of 7.62x39mm ammo everywhere. It was like paradise. :) Those were the days.
Sounds about right, I've heard similar cool stories from others.
Wish I was around then to partake in that!
Found one of the boxes of ammo I have, wouldn't mind a couple more.
20230602_073350.jpg 20230602_073357.jpg 20230602_073406.jpg

Granted, a Vz58 is not an AK. But it’s definitely AK-adjacent.
I picked these up not long ago, it's the auction houses picture because I'm too lazy to take my own.
The top one is all Czech from back when you could bring them in, all they did was change the fire control group, the bottom is a later Century Arms vz2008, with it's US made receiver, bolt, and fire control. You may notice that in the picture both safeties are in the safe position, but not the same position. And the top has 3 positions, 2 act as safe. A little looking shows this appears to be because of how the converted it to semi-auto. Of course the vz2008 was never full to begin with.
They may not be AKs but they are fun. They seem to cycle a lot faster, and there is zero chance of jamming with all the open space.
1686276449793.png

I picked these up not long ago, it's the auction houses picture because I'm too lazy to take my own.
The top one is all Czech from back when you could bring them in, all they did was change the fire control group, the bottom is a later Century Arms vz2008, with it's US made receiver, bolt, and fire control. You may notice that in the picture both safeties are in the safe position, but not the same position. And the top has 3 positions, 2 act as safe. A little looking shows this appears to be because of how the converted it to semi-auto. Of course the vz2008 was never full to begin with.
They may not be AKs but they are fun. They seem to cycle a lot faster, and there is zero chance of jamming with all the open space.
View attachment 761435

Mine's a Czech import. I love it. The only thing I didn't like was the LOP with the fixed stock, which is why I use the ACE. But the cheek weld with the ACE is not all I wish it could be, so I'm wrestling with a plan to fix it up.

Its recoil is a lot more lively than an AK, is the only thing.

This is what I’m thinking, with a different can & stock. Kalishnakov sells their mags 5 for $75
Gives me the idea that I should add an AK SBR to my growing short family, but I'll likely go 7.62x39

Back
Top Bottom