value of a 9mm uzi pistol?

a buddy of mine has a 9mm UZI pistol (preban) with 2 or 3 mags that he barely ever used since new, he told a gun shop and they told him its worth 500 (this store was NH). he was ready to sell it for that until i told him i believe it to be worth more here in MA (its in MA now). how much do you guys say its worth, has the original box etc, and was shot verrrrry little.

thanks for any input!

a buddy of mine has a 9mm UZI pistol (preban) with 2 or 3 mags that he barely ever used since new, he told a gun shop and they told him its worth 500 (this store was NH). he was ready to sell it for that until i told him i believe it to be worth more here in MA (its in MA now). how much do you guys say its worth, has the original box etc, and was shot verrrrry little.

thanks for any input!

If it's an original IMI UZI pistol it's probably worth a hell of a lot more than
$500, and that's even leaving MA out of the equation.

I mean not that long ago, Vector clone carbines were like $700-800, so I
would venture a safe guess that anything that IMI really made is probably
north of that value.

-Mike

I can tell you that the IMI UZI pistols are a rare find here in MA and one of the better UZIs out there. Vectors are good as well but the IMIs (Israili guns) just seem to hold more collector value. I have one IMI Uzi pistol and one full size IMI UZI carbine.

Your friend's gun is worth between 1000 and 1300. I paid 1200 for mine a year or so ago and have seen them go for as much as 1500.

I would tell your friend about 1200 to 1300 would be a fair price.. Is the box the original baby blue hard shell box? If so that makes a super little package.

the semi auto pistols are really great guns. They run very well and malfunction rarely as long as the parts are in good working order. The FA UZI pistols (Micro Uzis) bring in about 10 to 12K and those are little rippers as well. But the semis are fun little plinkers. Very odd guns and it feels like your holding a little box however the weight is pretty balanced.

here is a picture of mine. You can see the baby blue hard shell box in the top.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/5150rob/DSC01117.jpg

Rob

Last edited:
They sell for around $1500.00 in the real world (outside of Mass.) This is a rare gun in MA. and you could ask a lot more than $1500.00 the only problem is would you find a buyer for that price. There are not a lot of these pistols around, however the demand is low and they are hard to sell. Too many other guns in that price range that are more practical for the guys that will spend $1500.00 or more on a gun. However just like cars there is an ass for every seat and a seat for every ass you just have to find the right fit.
One thing for sure unless this gun is junked up that dealer was trying to steal it from your friend.
I might not do business with him anymore. Who is he so we can all stay clear?
To be honest with you I have been looking for one of these, unfortunately I don't want to pay $1500.00 so I am still looking for a bargain and if I wait and look long enough I will find one.

I can tell you that the IMI UZI pistols are a rare find here in MA and one of the better UZIs out there. Vectors are good as well but the IMIs (Israili guns) just seem to hold more collector value. I have one IMI Uzi pistol and one full size IMI UZI carbine.

Your friend's gun is worth between 1000 and 1300. I paid 1200 for mine a year or so ago and have seen them go for as much as 1500.

I would tell your friend about 1200 to 1300 would be a fair price.. Is the box the original baby blue hard shell box? If so that makes a super little package.

the semi auto pistols are really great guns. They run very well and malfunction rarely as long as the parts are in good working order. The FA UZI pistols (Micro Uzis) bring in about 10 to 12K and those are little rippers as well. But the semis are fun little plinkers. Very odd guns and it feels like your holding a little box however the weight is pretty balanced.

here is a picture of mine. You can see the baby blue hard shell box in the top.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/5150rob/DSC01117.jpg

Rob

he has the blue box too! identical to yours!

Back
Top Bottom