I’ve only shot one of those and it wasn’t a Bond. (I don’t remember what it was)
Trigger was so heavy, I needed a come-along!
Seriously though, it was so heavy, the only way I think I could hit with it would be to get up reeeal close. Like -2’.
Is the Bond like that?

I’ve only shot one of those and it wasn’t a Bond. (I don’t remember what it was)
Trigger was so heavy, I needed a come-along!
Seriously though, it was so heavy, the only way I think I could hit with it would be to get up reeeal close. Like -2’.
Is the Bond like that?

A family member has the Bullpup it is a heavy for what it is because it’s all steel but it has a good trigger.

Bob

Manual say's 7lb trigger. My trigger guage showed 5lb, 4.4lb & 4.5lb, 3 try's. But YouTube video's all complain about the heavy trigger.

It looks big in pictures but it's smaller in person. Smaller than my P365, but I can get 2 fingers on the grip. Heavy at 20 oz, but for the caliber that's good. This model has a trigger guard and that makes it look big compared to other derringer's without a trigger guard.
You're comparing it to a double stacked 9mm?!? I'm not surprised it's smaller. I compared one of those to a .380 Bodyguard and they were comparable, though the derringer felt bigger. I have a high standard .22 magnum with trigger guard and that guy is much bigger. But it is a valid point on trigger guards.

That’s pretty cool. And I may be wrong but I think you can change out the barrel for other calibers.
"Founded in 1995, Bond Arms was launched with the idea that the Remington Model 95 over-under, single-action derringer could be transformed from an Old West anachronism into a modern defensive handgun. Along with other design improvements, including a beefed up stainless-steel frame and integral safety features, the Bond pistols ship with removable hinge pins that allow the double barrels to be traded out quickly and easily.

Although Bond Arms has never been shy about advertising the caliber conversions available for this platform, folks may not realize just how many interchangeable barrel options the company has to offer. With prices starting at $130, the barrels are available in two finishes (matte and polished) and four different lengths including 2.50", 3.00" 3.50" and 4.25" models. Add to that 14 different chamberings capable of firing 20 different rimfire, revolver, pistol and .410 cartridges."

Bond Arms Barrels.jpeg

source

"Founded in 1995, Bond Arms was launched with the idea that the Remington Model 95 over-under, single-action derringer could be transformed from an Old West anachronism into a modern defensive handgun. Along with other design improvements, including a beefed up stainless-steel frame and integral safety features, the Bond pistols ship with removable hinge pins that allow the double barrels to be traded out quickly and easily.

Although Bond Arms has never been shy about advertising the caliber conversions available for this platform, folks may not realize just how many interchangeable barrel options the company has to offer. With prices starting at $130, the barrels are available in two finishes (matte and polished) and four different lengths including 2.50", 3.00" 3.50" and 4.25" models. Add to that 14 different chamberings capable of firing 20 different rimfire, revolver, pistol and .410 cartridges."

View attachment 499287

source
If they have a kit for 50 cal I’m in 😆

I have a bond arms in .45/410 and it’s a really cool toy. It’s not worth much when you compare it to other guns in the cost, weight, size, capacity sense, but it’s just fun to shoot and all your buddies at the range want to try it out.
It’s just….cool

If they have a kit for 50 cal I’m in 😆

Ask, and ye shall receive:

bond-arms-tank-slayer-barrel-on-gun.jpg

Frank

The point could have been made in 5 minutes but this is Nutnfancy so 45 minutes is standard. Basically why would you carry a derringer when there are so many firearms that are just as small, hold more rounds and lighter.

The point could have been made in 5 minutes but this is Nutnfancy so 45 minutes is standard. Basically why would you carry a derringer when there are so many firearms that are just as small, hold more rounds and lighter.

See post #5 for a thorough evaluation and rationale.

My apologies for hijacking. Not the OP, but also A mouse gun fan. Here are most of the littlest (with a full size 9 and a 365xl for scale). Missing a .22 and a .38 snubbie.

Also a picture of my birthday present to myself my past birthday (gollum, gollum). Mint pre-ban Colt Sporter.

Clearly the OP and I have some things in common.IMG_20210706_104029.jpg

Attachments

• 16255801742641531348374.jpg
    16255801742641531348374.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
And I see that I was mistaken! The hi standard .22 mag does NOT have an enclosed trigger. My apologies. And it is bigger compared to the bodyguard than I would have guessed, but it is very thin and flat with the grips removed.

Yes, all caliber barrels they make. But, more BS, they won't ship barrels to MA, dealer only. I would like a 22 barrel.
What?

Do they consider the barrel the receiver?

Or they just don't do it because they are scared of shipping a piece of metal?

A guy I bought a gun off of here from says that his nightstand gun is one of these loaded with the .410 shot. Not sure what size shot, or even how big you can go with a .410. But it makes certain sense for an indoor self defense situation.

Back
Top Bottom