I think you can punch out the roll pin on the LCI, effectively making it just a hole on the slide once you remove the lever. But I've never seen a red dot on an XDE. Not sure why. Something to do with hammer action design of that pistol?

I think you can punch out the roll pin on the LCI, effectively making it just a hole on the slide once you remove the lever. But I've never seen a red dot on an XDE. Not sure why. Something to do with hammer action design of that pistol?
Could be why Springfield made the hellcat too

Could be why Springfield made the hellcat too

Maybe. Might not want to cannibalize sales. But the XDE being hammer fired is kind of its own thing separate from a striker microcompact. I've also seen aftermarket slides with red dot cuts for the others in the XD line, but not for the XDE. Makes me wonder if there's something to the design of the XDE that prevents cutting into the slide.

If that is the case why isn’t anyone manufacturing one? Could be that the poor xde sales have everyone deciding it isn’t worth the investment to design one. Dv8 tactical could have one in the works.

Just an armchair guess, but the firing pin hole doesn't leave much room for cutting into the slide. That's why I was wondering if this is more a hammer fired issue than a striker fired issue. Looks like you couldn't get much deeper than the dovetail cut in terms of red dot depth, and most red dot cuts are at least that low, if not lower.

Untitled-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom