• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

400 Bullet Proof Vests Stolen In NYC

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Criminals getting these 400 vests means it’s time for a big push to more tightly regulate vests. Wait for it.
This. It is insane how politicians think. "If we had only made these vests illegal for non-LEO to own this wouldn't have happened! Let's ban them!" They just get dumber and dumber. God help us all.

I wonder how long until the first armed criminal is caught wearing one ???

Found this little side article in that same link:

These are the same Idiots in NYC (redundant) that wanted people to “donate” their AR’s and AK’s and let the government “store” them until they can get them over to Ukraine.

How difficult would it have been to pallet, wrap and load them in a locked trailer or storage container, behind a secured gate, and put a mouth breathing sheriff or two on detail until they are properly moved or picked up for air trans.

“Nahhhhh, f*** it, ya just stack them in the hallway here at Savor’s for now, we’re closing up at 5. I’m not dealing with these idiots all night.”

“What? No don’t worry about that. No ones going to steal them, don’t be so paranoid I know what I’m doing here, plus we got the new Ring cam after last weeks break-in and I’ll pull down the shades for the night too.”

Seriously though, there’s a literal shit ton of organized crime in NYC, from street level to legit Russian mafia, and all with eyes and ears around the city and inside LE and Fed org’s.

Not saying it’s Russians, but somebody got connections inside and enough manpower to pull it off.

Last edited:

They were used and likely rated to stop handguns, .22 rimfires and shotgun pellets only.
I doubt they would be of much use against high-velocity rifle and machine gun fire.

They were used and likely rated to stop handguns, .22 rimfires and shotgun pellets only.
I doubt they would be of much use against high-velocity rifle and machine gun fire.
I didn’t see anything in the story that specified if they were soft armor or plates, but the picture they’re showing is for plates (which could also just be a stock photo some journalist cut and pasted for the story).

I’d think if they were soft armor they're probably well used, sweaty and nasty trade ins required every 5 yrs, but still very effective for pistol type rounds.

If they were plate carriers with decent plates, “used” just means “issued” and I’d bet 80% of them were never worn and still in new condition.

Someone please share a photo of them with the New York Times,
so that alert readers can be on the lookout.
DUpyj_d.jpg

Found this little side article in that same link:
Green shot glass just in time for the holidays,
niiiice...

Seriously though, there’s a literal shit ton of organized crime in NYC, from street level to legit Russian mafia, and all with eyes and ears around the city and inside LE and Fed org’s.
After 9/11, the WTC debris were sent to the closed Fresh Kills landfill on Staten Island for forensic analysis.
Hijacking evidence, building failure analysis, recovery of personal property and human remains.

Some was sent by barge down the Hudson, but some was trucked there.

Connected truck drivers were redirecting their truckloads of debris
to mob junk yards, to steal the massive quantities of scrap steel girders.
It's not like the human remains were sorted out and sent onwards.[angry]

How's that for mobbed-up?

Does McNoob have an alibi....? [laugh]
I came here to ask if @MGnoob is having a yard sale.[shocked]

Someone please share a photo of them with the New York Times,
so that alert readers can be on the lookout.
DUpyj_d.jpg

Green shot glass just in time for the holidays,
niiiice...

After 9/11, the WTC debris were sent to the closed Fresh Kills landfill on Staten Island for forensic analysis.
Hijacking evidence, building failure analysis, recovery of personal property and human remains.

Some was sent by barge down the Hudson, but some was trucked there.

Connected truck drivers were redirecting their truckloads of debris
to mob junk yards, to steal the massive quantities of scrap steel girders.
It's not like the human remains were sorted out and sent onwards.[angry]

How's that for mobbed-up?

I came here to ask if @MGnoob is having a yard sale.[shocked]

I swear my current employer the day I started working there had a truck firearms gets stolen. But not from my location. Had a bunch of people calling me up asking me about it. I thought it was organized crime but turns out it was just a bunch of morons stole the wrong truck so I think they kept like 14 guns in the recovered the rest.

My vest doesn’t show up till Monday.. Strange coincidence about the theft though.

I’m sure hoping the vest Is light like I think it’s going to be…. I doubt we will be an issue and I’ll likely just be standing or sitting. Don’t anticipate a lot of running.

I’m glad I got mine from the manufacture even though it cost a little more. I hate to get tied up buying stolen body armor

Last edited:
This is how he gets them for free.
I just put on a “hi-c” or the “ Fruit punch” lipstick..

That’s a prison reference if you don’t get it I’m not gonna explain it.

I could’ve gotten the vest for free. But after I read everybody else’s testimonials, Which I couldn’t read until after I applied, I decided that I’m far too big of a piece of shit…. I also don’t have the time to sit around waiting for something I might actually need sooner then later.

I was supposed to start that job like last week. I finally got in touch with them today. They said they called me and I never got back to them. Which is impossible… Either way doesn’t look like I struck out it just looks like I might not get the position I was looking for.

My current job is pretty awesome I just like the people I work around. But I need to make that new NFA money because you always need a new NFA device….

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom