.40 sw hand load suggestions

I am new to hand loading, wanted to know if anybody had any favorite recipies that worked out good for them. I will be loading .40 sw for practice at range, just wondering if I can get by with lighter bullets and powder?
And I also have a lot of hodgen clays left over from my skeet days is there any recipies that call for clays in .40?
Thank You for any help Wally.

I'm curious myself.I have a Glock 23 and was told not to use reloads.

Tons of people use reloads in Glocks. The vast majority do so with no problems - a very very small group have had big problems. Like anything else, sh#t happens. Glock wants to eliminate a major malfunction variable so they say no reloads. I say; most of my close friends reload for Glock, but none of them load lead. Do not load lead bullets for Glocks. The rifling seems to encourage leading and this appears to lead to high pressures, really high pressures.

That said: If you are new to reloading be very careful loading for Glocks especially with 9mm and 40SW. Stick with recommended loads no matter what a 'friend' might say. I am not trying to discourage you and please don't be, just be conservative with powder charges and powders until you become more experienced.

Thank's for all the info, I will be loading for my Springfield XDm .40,
Does anyone know of any problems with lead bullets with the XDm?

Tons of people use reloads in Glocks. The vast majority do so with no problems - a very very small group have had big problems. Like anything else, sh#t happens. Glock wants to eliminate a major malfunction variable so they say no reloads. I say; most of my close friends reload for Glock, but none of them load lead. Do not load lead bullets for Glocks. The rifling seems to encourage leading and this appears to lead to high pressures, really high pressures.

That said: If you are new to reloading be very careful loading for Glocks especially with 9mm and 40SW. Stick with recommended loads no matter what a 'friend' might say. I am not trying to discourage you and please don't be, just be conservative with powder charges and powders until you become more experienced.

I have been using hard cast lead in my Glocks (22,24L, and 21) for years with no problems; easily over 40,000 rounds.

Two of the Glock's I've seen 'non-standard disassembled' were shooting lead bullets. Maybe coincidence, and anecdotal for sure - but I load jacketed for Glocks.

I am new to hand loading, wanted to know if anybody had any favorite recipies that worked out good for them. I will be loading .40 sw for practice at range, just wondering if I can get by with lighter bullets and powder?
And I also have a lot of hodgen clays left over from my skeet days is there any recipies that call for clays in .40?
Thank You for any help Wally.

Right now i'm reloading w/ clays and tightgroup. PM me if you want the details.

Back
Top Bottom