40 million NICS in 2020

quinnjalan

NES Member
.gov does not remember I gave up my FFL...but I'm still on the mailing list! 40 million NICS in 2020!

Good Morning,

The NICS Section works diligently to serve our FFL customers with all their transaction and customer service needs. Since the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020, the NICS Section has experienced unprecedented transaction volumes as well as changes to how the NICS employees process their daily work. The NICS Section set a new standard utilizing remote work to handle the volume of work received. For example, the highest transaction volume the NICS had experienced was in calendar year 2019, with over 28 million transactions. In calendar year 2020, the NICS experienced transaction volumes of nearly 40 million.

With Employee Appreciation Day approaching, if you have had a positive or noteworthy experience with the NICS Section staff please take this opportunity to share that with us and we will relay that information to the staff completing your transactions. To share your experience, please reply to this e-mail.

The NICS Section appreciates your patience and understanding, especially during the past year. We thank you for working with our employees and having an understanding for all that has been endured during the pandemic. The NICS Section will strive to keep your experience with the NICS and our staff efficient and expedient. It is our pleasure to work with you and we hope you have a great year.

The Business Relations Team

"In 2018, 11.4 million total firearms were produced or imported in the United States (less exported firearms)."

You’ve come a long way, baby...

with this level of interest in a CORE freedom area/activity, I just don't understand why we are so f***ed as a country

With these numbers, the .gov STILL seems to think they can start making ownership (at least of certain 'evil versions') illegal. Or at least do it without any bloodshed taking place. The level that they're separated from reality is staggering. Shouldn't be surprised though, knowing how the current political system is run and it's members.

Back
Top Bottom