• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

4 year olds dies from gun dropping while wrestling with his father

I don’t see how one could ever think it’s a good a idea to tuck a gun into their waste and to wrestle with their child. Also saw that it was a Glock aren’t they suppose to be pretty good with drops

Am having trouble believing the story. Never heard of a Glock doing that. The combination of the trigger safety and the firing pin block make it impossible for the firing pin to come forward unless the trigger is pressed. There must be more to it.

Such a sad story. I would never be able to forgive myself. As was said. Has to be more to the story. My guess is a fumble as it fell and it was a NG. That’s like trying to grab a knife as it falls. It won’t end well. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Such a sad story. I would never be able to forgive myself. As was said. Has to be more to the story. My guess is a fumble as it fell and it was a NG. That’s like trying to grab a knife as it falls. It won’t end well. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
^^ That. All of that.

People in the rifle world always say spend at least 50% of the rifle cost on the optic. Nobody talks about the importance of belts and holsters for handguns. Spend $600 or more on a sidearm and decide to mexi-carry? Couldnt even be bothered with a $10 Uncle Mikes from Wal-Mart? I dont feel like a drop caused it to discharge, this could be the media shortening or simplifying the explanation of events. Terrible and unnecessary / ignorant / accident.

Everybody knows only sigs fire when dropped. The story is a lie. Poor little guy.

People in the rifle world always say spend at least 50% of the rifle cost on the optic. Nobody talks about the importance of belts and holsters for handguns. Spend $600 or more on a sidearm and decide to mexi-carry? Couldnt even be bothered with a $10 Uncle Mikes from Wal-Mart? I dont feel like a drop caused it to discharge, this could be the media shortening or simplifying the explanation of events. Terrible and unnecessary / ignorant / accident.
Similar vein... Motorcycle folks will tell you "If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet." If I was "wrestling" with my kid I'd store the the gun.

I doubt it just went off from being dropped. It probably went off in an attempt to catch it or pick it up. This has happened before.
The FBI agent on the dance floor comes to mind. Gun flops out onto the floor......he rushes to pick it up and pulled the trigger when he grabbed it.

Back
Top Bottom