• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

4 shot outside Nationals Park during Nationals-Padres game, police say

Reptile

NES Member
WASHINGTON D.C. (7News) — Four people were shot outside of Saturday night's Nationals game during the 6th inning, causing players to run off the field and fans toward the exits. According to Washington Nationals on Twitter, a shooting was reported outside of the Third Base Gate at Nationals Park.

D.C. Police say two people were shot in the 1500 block of South Capitol Street, SW. In addition, police say two more victims walked into local hospitals for treatment of gunshot wounds.

Police say one of the victims of the shooting was a fan in the area to attend the game.

Continues...

Last edited:
Funny part is if the shooting was outside why did they clear the park rather than cower in place? Asking for a friend.
Funnier still:
Four people were shot outside of Saturday night's Nationals game during the 6th inning
Police say one of the victims of the shooting was a fan in the area to attend the game.
So why wasn't he?

Funny part is if the shooting was outside why did they clear the park rather than cower in place? Asking for a friend.
Right? Especially when you consider that stadiums are built somewhat like fortresses with all the outsides designed to deny access to the uninvited.

How did the fans and players even know what was going on outside,

ugh , I dont get it. How many people got hurt in the “evacuation” of the stadium

They rescheduled it for a doubleheader.

Their ace will start. Not much on his fastball, but sure can throw the change up. Kind of like he changes his recommendations daily.

View attachment 503201
The washed up midget league's star pitcher.

Oopps. Sorry. He really likes a tossed salad so that makes him a catcher. Right?

Funnier still:

So why wasn't he?

Plenty of people leave baseball games early. Where I come from, it’s practically a tradition: you have to leave Dodger Stadium in the seventh, at the latest, if you don’t want to be sitting in traffic for hours.

Nats were down 8-4. Maybe it was clear the Padres had the momentum and the dude just figured there was no point in staying. Who knows?

A shooting has been reported outside of the Third Base Gate at Nationals Park. Fans are encouraged to exit the ballpark via the CF and RF gates at this time.

I still love this. "There's a shooting outside. We require you to go outside and possibly get shot." Only in DC can you have this back-assward logic.

Dunno, but I heard Muffin Maid referred to as "The Fake Redhead"
while catching up on Howie via podcasts on the drive back from NJ today.
Some Instapundit reader refers to her as Raggedy Andy's Ugliest Sister.
And then there's this:
6cc9299cd5ce5a3027cd63cd06d3e01ad5ae75659c71f50bd8a634380908d65d.gif

Back
Top Bottom