• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

4-pack of interconnected smoke detectors

OK so here's the deal. About 3 years ago the smoke detectors that came with our house when it was built finally had enough and we junked them, replacing them with these high speed low drag interconnected highfalootin' things. Normally they run on house electricity with a 9v battery backup. But they're all interconnected, so they're like Christmas lights, when one sounds off they all sound off. But I reckon that's a good thing if the house is on fire, right?

VictoriousThornyDowitcher-small.gif

I got them on Amazon and they were like 36 bucks for a 4-pack. Anyhow they were installed and work great. The house never burnt down, not even once. When dinner is ready they let me know and you can even hit a button on them to shut them up for a bit, like, when dinner is ready. Wish there were more things that you could shut up for a few minutes with a button but not going there right now. Anyhoo, it's still way easier than pulling the battery out and then forgetting to put it back in later and then the house burns down.

VictoriousThornyDowitcher-small.gif

Now let's fast forward to today. We're getting ready to sell the house and finally put MA in the rearview mirror. Yeh I'm rubbing it in a bit. We're going someplace where I can get my gun to shut up by screwing this little doodad on the muzzle. Lo and behold, these super duper smoke detectors that we put in just 36 short months ago have to be swapped out! YGBFKM! Seems that if you're selling your house around these parts you need "photoelectric" smoke detectors. The ones we got are ionizing smoke detectors. So Herr Fire Inspektor would not allow us to sell our property unless they got replaced with "photoelectric" detectors. What's a good subject of the Crown to do but replace them? So we replaced them with the "photoelectric" detectors and now I have 4 practically brand new ionizing interconnected smoke detectors sitting here like ballast for the rapture, sadder than that weird-ass train on the Island of Misfit Toys. You know, the one with square wheels or whatever? Still don't know why Santa didn't just give that one to a Canadian kid.

48v3dp.jpg

Anyhow. If you're not planning on selling your house anytime soon and your old smoke detectors just aren't blowing your skirt up anymore, do I have a deal for you. For the low low low sum of $20 you can have my lightly used, always pampered and truly loved ionizing smoke detectors. All 4 of them, including the mounting brackets, wiring harnesses, little red plastic bags to cover them when you paint or sand sheetrock, multilingual instruction manuals and even the boxes that the new detectors came in.

IMG_9171.jpg

If bringing these gems into your household is just what you need to make your day complete send me a PM and we can meet up in the Springfield MA area. They don't weigh a lot so if you feel like footing the bill for shipping I can do that too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom