4 months, 7 days processing time for a non resident ltc in CT UPDATED !

Congratulations, make sure you stay up to date with CT laws, No AR15, no threaded barrels even on pistols.

harry

(1) We can still have preban assault weapons. Some people myself included have a more conservative interpretation of the preban exemption and choose not to own specific banned by name models or banned by type models (Thompson, MAC, AK-47) from the old list, as a matter of cautious prudence. That said there are many places that will sell them under the more liberal interpretation that DESPP has put out there.

I have no concern about owning non-named/non-type prebans, such as my preban PWA AR.

(2) Threaded barrels are never prohibited on manual action (e.g. pump, lever, bolt, break action) and single shot firearms. A threaded barrel on a semi-automatic pistol is sufficient features to make it an assault weapon. On certain semi-automatic long guns (e.g. rimfire rifles) a threaded barrel is a countable feature, but is not inherently prohibited in and of itself (e.g. a 10/22 with a threaded barrel and no other assault weapon features is legal). [rimfire rifles are subject to the old 2-feature test, meaning that the presence of a detachable and 2 features makes it an assault weapon] With respect to semi-automatic centerfire rifles a threaded barrel is not an assault weapon feature in and of itself any more. PA 13-3 replaced the "threaded barrel designed to accomodate a flash suppressor" with the flash suppressor itself as being the feature.

Just received Ct State Permit to Carry. in mail when I got home from looking at some land in NH.
Time frame sent app out April 6 they received April 8
Got the full application back on April 19 Glitch with NRA Basic of pistol shooting certificate
fixed sent out they received on April 22
Issue date was July 28
So 114 days from April 8 or
100 days from April 22

Woody

Congrats! still waiting here. sent in April 7th and still have yet to get anything; that makes it about 133 days from the day they received my app. they cashed the money orders a while ago. I wonder what the hold up is [thinking]

Finally received my CT license today. [smile]

Sent in my application January 30th.

They received your application on 02/04/16

Received today June 10th.

127 days or 4 months, 7 days between receipt of application by CT and in my hands.

[grin]

I must be getting mine soon. They received my application on June 6th...Maybe sometime this week or next? [thinking]

Would love to get it so I can cover my ass when I go to steel plate shoots down here...

I waited 4 months for a Ri Resident LTC. Going for CT nonresident next. Do I need a birth certificate thats newly issued or will they accept a copy? Thanks

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Finally received my non resident carry permit.

They received the application on 6/10/16, I received the permit yesterday in the mail, 10/11/16.

Finally received my non resident carry permit.

They received the application on 6/10/16, I received the permit yesterday in the mail, 10/11/16.

Son of a....[laugh]

They got your app after mine and you got your permit before me!? Well sounds like I should be getting it soon.

Son of a....[laugh]

They got your app after mine and you got your permit before me!? Well sounds like I should be getting it soon.

I was kind of surprised, after reading about the timeline of others I was thinking at least another week or so before I would see mine.

Last edited:
I was kind of surprised, after reading about the timeline of others I was thinking at least another week or so before I would see mine.

My wife just told me now that I got a package from the state of Connecticut yesterday in the mail (i'm currently working in Connecticut so I wasn't home). Looks like I finally got it.

I live very close to the RI border and ride all the time in RI and CT.

My next challenge which I'm preparing for is to attempt to get RI license.

I accept the challenge
Did you ever end up getting your Rhode Island License?
If not very easy to obtain it through Foster Rhode Island. And best of all it only took 4 weeks

Back
Top Bottom