4 minutes of Chicago

Saw that vid. One thing I noticed is that there are flashes in the sky at a couple of points as if there's fireworks going on somewhere out of the line of sight. I was thinking maybe this was a NYE thing where people are shooting up in the air maybe? I know the vid was posted last week or something like that, but it may have been filmed whenever.

After watching that video, I thought I'd listen to the Chicago PD scanner feed on Broadcastify. In the couple hours I was tuned in, I literally heard every crime known to humanity. Good times.

I've listened to this a few times, and I'm becoming pretty convinced it's not entirely accurate- I think a lot of what you're hearing is ambient traffic noise like cars going over the bridge above giving the even paced thump thump thump sound. Now, that's not to say Chicago isn't ****ed up, but I don't think we're hearing what we're being told we're hearing.

I've listened to this a few times, and I'm becoming pretty convinced it's not entirely accurate- I think a lot of what you're hearing is ambient traffic noise like cars going over the bridge above giving the even paced thump thump thump sound. Now, that's not to say Chicago isn't ****ed up, but I don't think we're hearing what we're being told we're hearing.

That stuff at 1:48 tho (assuming its this vid) isn't traffic or fireworks though... but its probably just people firing guns into the air, who knows...

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching that video, I thought I'd listen to the Chicago PD scanner feed on Broadcastify. In the couple hours I was tuned in, I literally heard every crime known to humanity. Good times.

I have to admit the only other times Ive tuned in to that site was after the Marathon bombing and when those cops got killed in Dallas. Ive had Chicago tuned in tonight for maybe an hour and, no exaggeration, there was more radio traffic tonight than there was with those other two incidents. Unbelieveable.

After reading this thread decided to listen to the Chicago PD feed. H.O.L.Y sh** this thing does not stop. I have heard a million different types of calls, and their dispatchers are funny as hell putting the calls out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading this thread decided to listen to the Chicago PD feed. H.O.L.Y sh** this thing does not stop. I have heard a million different types of calls, and their dispatchers are funny as hell putting the calls out

It literally doesnt stop. Im picturing cops all over the city standing next to their squad cars, radio in hand, waiting for a break of like a second or two so they can call something in.

It literally doesnt stop. Im picturing cops all over the city standing next to their squad cars, radio in hand, waiting for a break of like a second or two so they can call something in.

It's unreal, thankfully nothing major is going on. Tons of great domestics

Back
Top Bottom