• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

4 M1 garand bayonets $100

Like I needed 4 more of those.
its funny , bayonets littered my garage/basement growing up. They where my dads favorite tent spike. All just surplus junk to my dad. i have one left from back then. Its been polished and sharpened- well sort of that steel was not ment for a sharp edge.

At risk of opening a rabbit hole...I just got my first M1, a nice HRA. Did that era use a 10" bayo or 16" bayo? Or is there alot more to it like slings and depending what was in stock at the time?

At risk of opening a rabbit hole...I just got my first M1, a nice HRA. Did that era use a 10" bayo or 16" bayo? Or is there alot more to it like slings and depending what was in stock at the time?

1942 marked the switch to the 10" bayonets. Your rifle was made between '52 and '56 so would have been issued with the 10" most likely.

I'd like one or two but not going to shell out for four. My service grade M1 is usually on the wall in my "workshop" and a bayonet would be a nice addition.

However, the FAL has currently usurped its place.

I ordered four a few months back before COVID (after seeing the post above). I only need two. Any one interested to buy one or two? The cost is about $25 each after shipping. Thanks.

Very nice bayo's. Grabbed 3 when it was a 3-fer deal and karma'd one away, keeping two. Good God I hate cosmoline... [rofl]

Is it me, or does that "US" stamp look a little hinky...?
1597801110355.png

Hey just stirring shit. The ones I have look like legit Greek US provenance, LOL. If anyone needs a bayo just because, these have been solid and in decent shape.
Clearly. The Greek blades are great, and I prefer them over the re-pops.
I just thought it was... odd. [smile]

These are back but up in price. Still better than any reproduction.
I need to find a scabbard with belt loop or maybe get a nice leather holster made for one?

Gave one away for one of the Winter Warrior matches. Still have two I need to clean up, friggin' cosmoline. Pretty nice bayos, however.

Gave one away for one of the Winter Warrior matches. Still have two I need to clean up, friggin' cosmoline. Pretty nice bayos, however.
I figure each M1 I own deserves one. Chances are all of my M1s are greek returns anyway so they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom