• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

4 arrested at Maven Hotel, police feared a ‘Las Vegas style shooting' during All-Star Game in Denver

MaverickNH

NES Member

Denver maid reports ‘bunch of guns’ in hotel room near MLB All-Star Game site; 4 arrests​

Four suspects were arrested in Denver after a maid working at a hotel near the city’s Coors Field baseball stadium discovered "a bunch of guns laid out" in a room, according to reports.

Coors Field is scheduled Tuesday night to be the site of MLB’s annual All-Star Game after the event was relocated there from Atlanta earlier this year over Georgia's voting rights law.

But authorities said there was no immediate indication that the game or any of its related events were being targeted by the suspects, FOX 31 of Denver reported.

Police initially feared a "Las Vegas-style shooting" may have been in the works, the Denver Post reported, referring to a massacre in 2017 that left more than 60 concertgoers dead near a Vegas hotel. Just days earlier, authorities in Chicago dealt with a similar concern.

In Friday’s Denver incident, police removed 16 long guns, body armor and more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition, the Post reported.

The report of the discovered weapons led to a massive law enforcement response, including SWAT personnel, to the Maven Hotel, according to FOX 31.

On Saturday, authorities said three men and a woman had been arrested, FOX 31 reported. The men were identified as Richard Platt, 42; Gabriel Rodriguez, 48; and Ricardo Rodriguez, 44, all taken into custody as part of an investigation into allegations of possession of a weapon by a previous offender, the station reported.

One of the male suspects posted on Facebook that he was recently divorced and wanted to "go out in a big way," sources told the Post.

Notice the flurry of these types of " heavily armed man/men " reports/arrests lately?????

The only thing pending on the federal government's calendar is completely banning "assault rifles"........but naaahh, that would have nothing to do with it.....just like it didn't in 68, 86, 94, etc. etc.

Scare the irrational sheep and gain THEIR support of eliminating THEIR rights. Absolute insanity!!!

ever see anyone charged for "Stupidity". If you do things to draw attention to yourself, you will get attention big time. Jack.

Agreed. With the knowledge that shite like this happens, why are persons putting themselves in situations drawing unwanted attention to themselves?

It's expected if you don't put a "privacy please" sign on your room door you can expect housekeeping to come a knocking. And what better way to draw unwanted attention is to lay multiple firearms out on display for anyone who enters.

Granted, maybe they put a sign out and housekeeping entered regardless, the story doesn't say, but I have to wonder about some of these incidents. Often it reads like the persons involved are idiots

It’s planned out like the opening scene in Matt Bracken’s Enemies Foreign Domestic, where an ATF provocateur fired unaimed shots at a stadium from long distance, and a patsy with a gun and a buch of ammo got killed onsite.

Last edited:
Doesn’t make any sense. If he “wanted to go out in a big way”, who were the other people? Facebook friends who also wanted to join him?

Why 16 guns for 4 people? 4 each? I can see one back up each but why 4? Counting on a jam in cheap guns?

I shared a hotel room with a buddy who was teaching a weekend training course. He usually brought all of their company loaners with him, since for the basic carbine course, usually 1/3rd of the class didn't have their own and another 1/3rd wouldn't be allowed to run the course and would need a loaner.

You never see anyone charged for "Stupidity". If you do things to draw attention to yourself, you will get attention big time. Jack.
It sounds from the charges one or more of them are felons, which makes their behavior even less bright, lol. "Hey we riding double dirty, lets leave guns out where everyone can see them"

Doesn’t make any sense. If he “wanted to go out in a big way”, who were the other people? Facebook friends who also wanted to join him?

Why 16 guns for 4 people? 4 each? I can see one back up each but why 4? Counting on a jam in cheap guns?
Come on man! 1 is none and 2 is 1 so 16÷4 is, well, you know that thing.

i bet everyone involved, the hotel manager and maid, the guy getting arrested, the a**h*** who wrote the news story, and the arresting officers were all FBI
I'm not this much of a foiler, but I can kind of agree with you in the sense that this event just seems like it's all a little too convenient. It doesn't help that its in CO, which is a hotbed of lunatics and seeds for gun control types. It is kind of f***ed up that there's this loose correlation of events there. Columbine, Aurora, and i think some incel shooting thing. Maybe a few more i forgot... as well as a pile of moonbats trying to turn it blue from Boulder and Denver.

The LV shooting was a case of someone needing killing and collateral damage be damned but it makes for a good headline.

skyline-3.jpg
We need to ban hotels and tall buildings.
[angry]

I'm not this much of a foiler, but I can kind of agree with you in the sense that this event just seems like it's all a little too convenient. It doesn't help that its in CO, which is a hotbed of lunatics and seeds for gun control types. It is kind of f***ed up that there's this loose correlation of events there. Columbine, Aurora, and i think some incel shooting thing. Maybe a few more i forgot... as well as a pile of moonbats trying to turn it blue from Boulder and Denver.

i'm just so numb to all the bs i dont believe anything anymore, it's all a big lie.

Random side note, that hotel is actually really nice, I stayed there 3 years ago on a business trip and would recommend it for anyone staying in Denver. Careful to mind the yuppies though.

Back
Top Bottom