4/9/16 Cowboy Action Shoot at Mansfield Fish & Game

ranger4-7

Army Veteran
Attended my first CAS today, hosted by the Mansfield Marauders, and have to say it was a whole lotta fun. Four stage practice shoot with about 15 shooters, including a few cherries, like me. Great group of guys. I have to say that Leadslinger Lesky did an awesome job setting up the stages and keeping the event moving. A few shots and a video from the event:

cowboy%205_zpsijcr3s1n.jpg

cowboy%206_zpsahyldobq.jpg

cowboy%204_zpsnzemlce3.jpg

cowboy%201_zps2bpgzmqo.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris (Alias Elias Grodin)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad that it all went well. I was inside teaching NRA PPOH during that shoot.

Be aware that MF&G will be running these monthly on the 2nd Saturday each month, but there will be more stages for future shoots.

Very cool! Looks like a lot of fun. From the looks of the turnout, I got to find me a female version!

No you don't! Women are welcome as well. This is the 1st time in 8 years that the club has run Cowboy shoot and it was a practice session. Future shoots expect more folks and women are more than welcome to participate.

It is the Mansfield clubhouse. It is close, but given the fact that the targets are so close, there really is no safety concern.

That fence is even with the rear wall of the building and ~40' from the berm. There were other stages setup on the 100yd range as well.

That looks like so much fun. Wish I could have gone to watch.

Thanks for posting OP. Would love to give it a try some day!

Anyone can drop by and watch. And I'm sure that they'd be happy to see new folks that want to try it out as well.

------------------------------------

BTW, anyone who lost a Sharon F&G badge on the property, one was found and is in the clubhouse on the sign-in table.

Hello all,
For anybody who is interested in this type of shooting and is looking for a bad ass setup I have a friend who is looking to sell a pair of Ruger Vaquero's in 45 colt with a nice dual drop holster rig and a belt that goes up to 46 I believe.
One of the six guns is new in the box and not ever been fired yet.
Send me a PM for more info if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom