• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

4/30 IDPA Classifier @HSC with DMG side stage

MWT would like to invite you to HSC for our annual classifier match this Saturday
April 30th. We'll have six pits running the classifier to keep the squads
small. You'll have time to shoot it twice if you want to classify in multiple
divisions or just take another crack at it. Please try to bring enough
mags/speedloaders/moonclips to shoot an entire stage.

We'll also have an optional two stage side-match using the new IPDA DMG rules.
Bring your shotguns and at least 25 rounds of lead birdshot and a dozen slugs.
You can familiarize yourself with the rules at
http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPA_DMG_rules_07062010.pdf

Registration will open at 9:15 and first shots will be at 10:00. Lunch will be
available and the weather looks to be better than last week. I hope to see you
there.

Looking forward to MWT 1st shot at a DMG based stage. Can I shoot slugs though my SG with chokes in it or do I need a special choke or just remove it completely.

Will be classifying CDP and ESR this year.... Hopefully the bigger holes will mean those down 1's are really down zeros close to the perfs :)

Looking forward to MWT 1st shot at a DMG based stage. Can I shoot slugs though my SG with chokes in it or do I need a special choke or just remove it completely.

Will be classifying CDP and ESR this year.... Hopefully the bigger holes will mean those down 1's are really down zeros close to the perfs :)

Funny- I was talking with Tim and Dave R about this today at the range. I'm convinced that your shotgun won't blow up with any chokes while shooting slugs. That being said using a full choke might not be the best choice. You also should check the accuracy/POI with different chokes. I think I'll just use modified. I have a good article/paper on chokes if you want it.

What will we need for equipment, other than pistol, mags, holster, and mag pouches?

You would normally need a cover garment and a flashlight. However, neither are required for the classifier. Not sure what besides a shotgun and some ammo is needed for the side match.

Weedwhacker - I would run either an IC or IM. Def. get out and see where the slugs are hitting with the chokes and what the gun likes. You may be surprised at how different it can be.

What will we need for equipment, other than pistol, mags, holster, and mag pouches?

Ammo! The classifier is 90 rounds. Bring at least 100, or 200 if shooting it twice.

Keep in mind this is a classifier match, and the stages are all available on the web. This isn't a bad first match, but keep in mind the stages are not nearly as fun as normal. There are no cars to shoot under, swinging targets to chase, or props to trigger.

Anyone going to this have a 1911 kydex belt holster I could borrow? 5" 1911 /w rail and flattop slide. I can't find mine and the order I placed for a replacement hasn't shipped yet so I doubt it will make it in time. I'd like to classify CDP as well.

You would normally need a cover garment and a flashlight. However, neither are required for the classifier. Not sure what besides a shotgun and some ammo is needed for the side match.

Thanks. I'm afraid I will have to pass on the SG match. I made the mistake of mounting a "HoloSight" on my 1100 which self-destructed, the back of the sight broke off and I got the batteries in the face. Until I can intstall a sight rail and new sight I am out of business. Looking forward to the pistol match.

I have not had a chance to shoot any shotgun [rolleyes] matches what bird shot would you guy's recommend ( 7-8 SHOT ) ?

1st Run - Classifier Results - PRELIMINARY

Here is the 1st run... this is preliminary only, please double check your division and if you copied your results double check the scores. Any issues please email me at [email protected]

I will post the results to IDPA HQ later this week to give folks a chance to let me know of any errors. I'll work on the 2nd run and the DMG match on Sunday.

Attachments

• 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER 1st Run Stage Details.pdf
    43.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER 1st Run Results.pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 57
Here is the 1st run... this is preliminary only, please double check your division and if you copied your results double check the scores...

Does it count if I did better, way better, in my mind?! Loads of fun & very well run! Thanks & looking forward to much more!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HUGE thanks to the entire MWT crew. I had an absolute blast and the nerves went away after the first string. One thing I found out is the only sense of competition is that there are scores being kept. No chest thumping, no jeering, no hoping the other guy next to you would miss. Exactly the opposite of that.

Learned a lot throughout the day and laughed at myself after it was all said and done. Even after watching 10 other shooters before me do string 2 on the 3rd stage, I still shot OVER the barrel rather than off the side of it[laugh]. I didn't seat the mag properly either on the reload and when I was getting clicks, I'd just keep racking and racking. Long brainfart for sure.

2nd run and the DMG scores are done... just waiting on a ruling from the Match Director before posting and this will affect someone's bump... Stay tuned...

PRELIMINARY Classifier Results & DMG Side Match Results

OK, here are the preliminary classifiers... let me know if there are any errors, especially in the division you shot. If I don't hear from anyone by the end of this week I'll finalize all the bumps and upload to IDPA HQ. It seems that Northeastshooters.com does not support uploading Excel files so the DMG results will be on the MetroWest Tactical Yahoo Group for now and will appear on our website soon.

Any scoring questions, please contact me directly at [email protected]

If you don't have your IDPA number yet then your scores will not be posted to IDPA HQ. Email me with your number when you get it and I can then post them. If you joined recently you can call down the IDPA HQ and get your number from them.

Attachments

• 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER 2nd Run Results.pdf
    11.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER 2nd Run Stage Details.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER 1st Run Results.pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER 1st Run Stage Details.pdf
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
FINAL CLASSIFIER RESULTS - WITH PROMOTIONS - POSTED TO I.D.P.A. HEADQUARTERS

Greeting Folks:

The 2011 Spring Classifier put on by Metro West Tactical at the Harvard Sportsmens Club on Saturday, 4/30/11 has been finalized, with several promotions, and uploaded to the IDPA database. Please note, if you bumped to a higher classification in the first run and then didn't do as well for the second run - disregard the classification entered by the software on your second run. IDPA takes your highest classification and you can't move down. So, if you went from UNCLASSIFIED to EXPERT on the first run, then shot the same division and went from UNCLASSIFIED to SHARPSHOOTER on the second run, you will see in the MEMBERS ONLY AREA of the IDPA website that both scores are listed and you are classified with the higher classification - in this example, EXPERT.

Follow this link to the members only area of the IDPA website:
http://www.idpa.com/molog.asp

Attachments

• 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIFER - 2ND RUN Final Stage Details.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER - 1ST RUN Final Stage Details.pdf
    43 KB · Views: 9
  • 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER - 1ST RUN Final Results.pdf
    18.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2011 MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER - 2ND RUN Final Results.pdf
    11.8 KB · Views: 4
Back