3rd Brake Light, Truck No-drill mount.

Matt_SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
If your time is worth money, you don't want to drop your headliner or just want an option. No inexpensive, either.

I don't need one but saw an ad for these:

Many truck brands/models.
Ford SuperDuty 1999-2016 Third Brake Light Antenna Mount

brake1_large.jpg

$330! :eek: Holy crap! You did say it was "no inexpensive". You are correctomundo...

It depends on what band(s) you are operating on and what type of antenna you're using. I have a nice Comet 2M/440 mag mount that I use on the roof of my Tundra. For the scanner, I have a longer antenna mounted in one of the stake pockets of the truck. I made the mount out of a 90 degree bracket from the lumber department of Lowes.

At $330.00 I'd probably use other options.

I definitely took a good long look at this option before drilling a hole in my roof. It does look very nice. What swayed me was the hole for the NMO mount turned out to be a 3/8" hole (Diamond) instead of 3/4" so I was able to do it with a stepped drill bit and get a nice hole cut out. If I had to do a 3/4" hole, I may have gone this way.

You could bring it to a shop and have them install 10 NMO mounts for less than $330.

I'd suggest a fender mount or lip mount. Comet and Diamond make them, and I've never had difficulty with them!

Back
Top Bottom