• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3D Printed Pepperbox Pistol

Look's like 3D Printed Firearms are still progressing:

3d-printed-pepperbox-pistol.jpg

3D Printed Pepperbox Pistol - The Firearm Blog

this isn't the latest picture, but the finished lower receiver weighs a little over 3.5 ounces, and yes it is designed for .556.
wsmn7Lt.jpg

BVQzo-OCIAAxx5M.jpg:large
and here is an almost entirely printed semi-auto, called the brick, we haven't tested it yet, and it will soon only need an a barrel liner, a firing pin, .44 bullets to weigh the bolt and various springs. We are working on a printed FCG to go with it, and other AR's.

here is a rocket that works in simulations, it is still needs to be tested, when it is the creator will release the files.
rpg_ammo-UPTHERA.jpg

and here is the launcher
rocket-launcher-1.jpg

Last edited:
this isn't the latest picture, but the finished lower receiver weighs a little over 3.5 ounces, and yes it is designed for .556.
wsmn7Lt.jpg

and here is an almost entirely printed semi-auto, called the brick, we haven't tested it yet, and it will soon only need an a barrel liner, a firing pin, .44 bullets to weigh the bolt and various springs. We are working on a printed FCG to go with it, and other AR's.

here is a rocket that works in simulations, it is still needs to be tested, when it is the creator will release the files.
rpg_ammo-UPTHERA.jpg

and here is the launcher
rocket-launcher-1.jpg

That ar Lower was printed in 12" sections right? How do you keep that seam from seperating in the buffer tube?

rpg_ammo-UPTHERA.jpg

and here is the launcher
rocket-launcher-1.jpg

What type of the rocket is that? It can't be like an RPG, recoil-less rockets still need a decent chamber to withstand the initial blast before the marching engine kicks in.

What type of the rocket is that? It can't be like an RPG, recoil-less rockets still need a decent chamber to withstand the initial blast before the marching engine kicks in.

wouldnt shock me if it used model rocket enginees. Some of the larger one (anything over d's if i remeber from years back) start getting pretty good thrust ratios. At some point ?G's? you need a licenese i think... like i said its been years and i never got past an E.

It uses model rocket engines, can't remember which kind, I don't think Druidic_Rifleman has decided yet either. The pieces ae cemented together with MEK. wFosscad has plenty of other completed projects and many more in the works. Groundscrappers, since you have 3d printing expertise, would you care to betest things for us? we have some brilliant designers, but we need more people printing our designs, tesing them rigorously, reporting failure points, performance etc. In the simulations the rocket launcher had about over ~1km range, so it's not to bad.

Last edited:
It uses model rocket engines, can't remember which kind, I don't think Druidic_Rifleman has decided yet either. The pieces ae cemented together with MEK. wFosscad has plenty of other completed projects and many more in the works. Groundscrappers, since you have 3d printing expertise, would you care to betest things for us? we have some brilliant designers, but we need more people printing our designs, tesing them rigorously, reporting failure points, performance etc. In the simulations the rocket launcher had about over ~1km range, so it's not to bad.

If you are cop you have to tell us right? [rofl]

Last edited:
don't worry, it's all kosher so longs as you don't use explosives... I think st least that's what he thinks, but he's canadian so...

That sounds pretty sweet. What type of ignition system does it employ for the rocket engine?

Before I drop the money on the material I would want to run it through some FEA package like Ansys or Comsol.

wsmn7Lt.jpg

rpg_ammo-UPTHERA.jpg

and here is the launcher
rocket-launcher-1.jpg

Very exciting stuff. Now if they could just work on the aesthetics, the brick is fugly.

melted plastic and even mild pressure is bad juju, I don't want that near my head.

Again, this is all great, but I hate when people insist to use wrong kind of technology to solve specific problems.

A fiberglass tube would be far safer and cheaper, and even using black pipe, then you can use some real pressure toward a recoilless setup that would push the rocket out in a hurry and without blowing a whole shitload of hot exhaust into shooter's face.

You do realize that RPG type rocket doesn't fire it's marching motor until it's well out of the tube and away from the shooter?

I've seen handled disposable launchers (from Australian army) made out of what appeared to be thin PVC piping. I am sure thick ABS will be fine. Thank you for the advice on the whole avoiding face burns thing, I will pass that along to the designer. The point of these weapons isn't necessarily to be better than alternatives (though some are), it's that you can make them on 3d printers with minimal extra parts.

Update, I asked him about that, he said he was aware of the face burn problem and would include a lift charge, he knows a lot more about rockets than I though he did. His first priority however, is to produce a rocket that remains stable in flight.w

Back
Top Bottom