• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3D Gun Plans being released 2nd week of May.....liberals are having siezures

Might want to download a copy of the plans and stash them somewhere "just in case"
Wouldn't worry about that too much. Once something hits the internet it doesn't go away no matter how hard they try. Ask any celeb thats had their cell phone hacked.

Already had a classmate of mine from high school post some retarded video on Facebook about people printing guns and the massacres that will follow. I think he might be a, 'citizen of the world' if you catch my drift.

I like the name "Liberator"
a tribute to the super cheap stamped .45 made during WWII for air dropping to the allies. The Liberator FP45

Enhanced_FP-45_Liberator_Study_Model_1.JPG

So have they actually created a plastic barrel that is capable of repeatedly withstanding the pressures of firing a round? Have they actually fired the printed gun yet? It seems more like these articles are fear mongering than anything else.

rut roh. I just heard that Feinsteins panties are all in a bunch over this new threat. She is proposing a new bill to outlaw 3 dimensions. According to her "Why would any common sense hunter need more that 2 dimensions". I hear the Brady campaign is behind it.

You can make a single shot .22 out of a block of wood, a spring, a clamp and some brake line and fittings. A video is easily found on Youtube.

Homemade weapons plans are all over the damned place. If someone wants to make one they can't be stopped.

Also, politicians don't hate the idea of a 3D printed gun as much as they hate the fact they can't control them.

You can make a single shot .22 out of a block of wood, a spring, a clamp and some brake line and fittings. A video is easily found on Youtube.

Just watched a video about that. I knew it was fairly easy to make a homemade gun if you wanted to, but even I didn't think it was that easy.

Also, politicians don't hate the idea of a 3D printed gun as much as they hate the fact they can't control them.
I think it's more they are paranoid the guns will go right through a metal detector. Considering their job lets them piss off large groups of people regularly with a new law or new "revenue" idea they have a reason to be paranoid.

I think it's more they are paranoid the guns will go right through a metal detector. Considering their job lets them piss off large groups of people regularly with a new law or new "revenue" idea they have a reason to be paranoid.

Wouldn't ammo set off the metal detector anyway? I've heard stories of, and seen, people set off the metal detector at the airport because they forgot to take their wedding ring off, or they had change in their pocket. My 2oz can of pepper spray was enough to set off a handheld wand type metal detector at the Brockton fair a couple years ago. How much metal does there need to be to set off the detector?

I can't imagine a barrel lasting more than one shot. The original Liberator was designed to be a one shooter, so that would seem to be appropriate for the new one.

Even if it only lasts one shot, all it needs to do is fire once. If you can print a gun to fire any common handgun round, all it takes is one shot to kill a JBT and steal his very real and much more lethal battle/assault rifle.

The fact that it can fire one shot and requires no transfer to take place is what the politicians hate. They like that they have control over where you can get a gun (they want more control with UBC). This removes that control if anyone can buy a 3d printer and make their own gun.

It will only be a short time before the ATF outlaws this.

Remember, if you ban 3D guns, only 3D criminals will have them!

It will only be a short time before the ATF outlaws this.

Remember, if you ban 3D guns, only 3D criminals will have them!

The ATF can't. It is written into law that you can manufacture your own firearm if and only if you do not make it with the intent to sell it. So unless the ATF has new found magical powers to rewrite the 1968 GCA, they can't do anything about this.

Note, that is not to say the ATF won't try.

Wouldn't ammo set off the metal detector anyway? I've heard stories of, and seen, people set off the metal detector at the airport because they forgot to take their wedding ring off, or they had change in their pocket. My 2oz can of pepper spray was enough to set off a handheld wand type metal detector at the Brockton fair a couple years ago. How much metal does there need to be to set off the detector?
Not sure but theres not much metal in 1 round. People walk through with small amounts now. zippers and buttons on jackets and pants, jewlery usually. 1 round isnt all that much more metal. I've once wandered through one just fine only to realize later I had a small pocket knife on me.

Hell all someone would need is a old cellphone, drill out enough space for 1 round, drop it in a bowl with your keys and meet it at the other side to get that through. Don't think i've ever noticed a guard doing anything other then a quick glance into a bowl nevermind take anything out and study it.

First of all the Liberator was a manual single shot disposable .45 that was designed to help the resistance get bigger guns by using the small, single-shot. It stored a few rounds in the butt as shown but was a single shot to be sure. Kill an enemy so you could take their more serious gun was their job. I've had the chance to shoot one and it was unpleasant to be sure as you might imagine. There's not much to them but they did the job.

My son is an architect and has used these 3-d printers extensively ever since they came out. I have to tell you that they don't work anywhere near as fast as you may suspect. As a matter of fact, a lot of the projects are fed in at night as they leave from work and let them chug along at night. Complicated projects can take 12 hours to print. So, it's not like you slap in the drawings and have a coffee while it's working. There are different kinds, too, categorized as "additive" or "subtractive" machines. There's a lot more to this than the average joe on the street can understand. It's really voodoo especially when you see it working. It's not like watching a CNC robot carving a block of material rather it build (in the additive machines) using a fine filament and heat. When you see it begin to form a shape in front of your eyes, it's almost like magic.

Eventually the materials they use will improve and their speed and agility will improve as well. Carving out of blocks of materials will simply go away as this technology takes its place. Making "illegal" items with it will be like copying the dollar bill on a Xerox machine. (other than butts that had to be the first thing people tried with their new copiers!)

Rome

Last edited:
Plastic ammo is scarier than a plastic gun.

the 80% lowers for ARs are simple and affordable if you want to make a real rifle. I wonder why people are so freaked about printable guns. It's the same concept.

I "suspect" most don't understand the 80% concept and that you can in fact build a rifle like that. The general public I am sure has NO clue about that.....

Plus, plastic is oh so scary, we need a new slew of laws to protect from those evil plastic guns

Plastic ammo is scarier than a plastic gun.

the 80% lowers for ARs are simple and affordable if you want to make a real rifle. I wonder why people are so freaked about printable guns. It's the same concept.

So, it survived 380 ACP (max pressure 21,500 psi), and exploded with 5.7x28 (max pressure 50,040 psi). I wonder why they didn't work their way up with something a bit lower pressure than the 5.7.

Meet The 'Liberator': Test-Firing The World's First Fully 3D-Printed Gun - Forbes
I presume they may have just been putting on a show for the reporter?

Homemade weapons plans are all over the damned place. If someone wants to make one they can't be stopped.

Aha! so we just need ammo control, not gun control!

Back
Top Bottom