Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? If you have someone else make it they need to be an FFL and serialize it. If you're going to do that, just buy a new complete lower. Palmetto has stripped lowers for $90. Thats less than you'll pay someone to machine an 80 for you.

If you do it for someone, you need to be an 07 and then you need to mark it. Business name, location, model, serial. And put it all in book. Sorta defeats the 80% purpose when it’s then cheaper to buy stripped.

PSA wont ship anything to MA so that reference is not helpful.

Am I missing something here, or do you know know the lawz...🤣
Same question. If you know all this then I don't understand the question in the first place. You have to do it yourself unless you want an 07 to do it and mark it and log it, etc. those are the two options. And if you are a sole prop FFL the ATF sees no difference between you and your FFL so if even when you do it yourself...

The pods have hatched - just in time for the election.

4,000+ posts and then, this.

What have you done with mbz4ever and how did you get access to his account?

Clearly an alien take over and account hijack.

I know all the laws.
Not asking for legal advise.
Simple question to NES community. If you can recommend quality shop to complete the lower.
That’s it.

If you stipulate that they will enter the completed lower and mark it in their books, you might be able to find somebody.

Check out the Mill.

No dealer or shop will complete the lower and just hand it to you to walk away and go home - at least not legally.

To avoid "OP Going to Jail"...

Get this:

I know all the laws.
Not asking for legal advise.
Simple question to NES community. If you can recommend quality shop to complete the lower.
That’s it.

Lol if you did though you wouldn't have posted this. What you want to do (at least in the first post) is not concordant with the laws on building an 80%. The whole "80%/personal built firearms are exempt from fed Title 1 marking bullshit etc" exception only works if you are the dude who finishes it. Nobody else can legally finish it "for hire" for you without being an 07, and all of the stuff that entails with legally manufacturing a firearm.

Is the lower something special or not for an AR, or some other firearm? Otherwise you'd be far better off just buying yourself another (normal) lower and transferring it out to yourself.

so you are asking for an 07FFL that will manufacture a completed lower from an 80% lower, complete with correct markings that then will transfer to you personally with the potential of getting in the crosshairs of the MA AG... and before you say it is going to be in your dealer inventory the same applies.

I'd hate to be there when BATFE does an audit of your inventory/bound book

no 07FFL in their right mind would even answer the question if asked, and most would drop a dime on you

If you are a dealer, buy an complete Anderson lower for $40.

The only reason to make to complete an 80% lower is to keep it off the books and have fun machining.

This thread reminds me of buying a birdhouse kit and sending if off to a professional woodworker for completion.

What is the missing part to this bizarre request?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom