• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

38spl loading

shootermike508

NES Member
I have a S&W 586 with a 6" bbl. I mistakenly loaded 4.0 gr. of bullseye with a 158gr SWC. If I shoot these will my gun blow up?? I can't find my reloading book. I was set up for 9mm and pulled a dumbass and forgot to re calibrate my powder thrower and I don't have a bullet puller. Looks like I may need to invest in one soon??

Sounds like a +p load. I'm sure others with more 38 spec experience will chime in soon.

Edit: actually a bit hot for +p. 3.8 for bullseye is what I see. Wanna borrow my puller?

Last edited:
I use 4.1 of Bullseye; 125 grain bullet, though. No blowups yet.

Bullet pullers are cheap.

You should be good to go according to Alliant's website.

And yes you should have a bullet puller. I have an inertia puller and one of those Hornady collet puller dies.

Last edited:
not flaming but....might i suggest buying factory ammo....you show a lot of the signs of an accident waiting to happen....no loading book, not paying attention, not having basic tools handy. i hope when you have your catastrophic failure your not shooting next to me.

As I stated I couldn't find my manual but found out my friend has my Lymans, I understand that those books are pretty much written in blood and I caught my mistake. I guess 5000 posts in 5 years means you spend a lot of time behind the keyboard?? Thanks for the boost tho guy, have a nice day. I'm sure you wont be next to me if I do have a failure.

e31.jpg

Back
Top Bottom