• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.380 Pocket Pistol Update

basscatfrank

NES Member
Went to my local shop tonight and went over the LCP and the Taurus 738. Between the reviews I read online, the article in the NRA magazine, and the feedback I got today from a guy I know who just bought the LCP, I had them just about equal. At that point it came down to value. Coming with an extra magazine and being less expensive, I went with the Taurus. Feels good in my hand and in my pocket. I'll get it to the range in the next week or so and i'll post a report on it then. I was out the door with it for only $289. Another toy for me, I'm a happy guy. Not to mention the fact that my wife liked it, too. If she likes the way it feels at the range I may get another.

They look like a nice little gun, and for a great price. Good luck, hope your wife loves it. Welcome to the forum.

I bought a TCP a couple weeks ago. Huge disapointment. I can't get through a single mag without a FTF,FTE or a light primer strike. It's going back to Taurus soon. I am kicking my self for not getting the LCP.

And no, I am not limp wristed, yes I tried 3 different brands of ammo. I tried sellier blellot, magtech and browning. All 3 had the same problems.

Worst part is I gave it to my fiance. She's kinda upset that she got a useless gun.

Why satisfied with 5 malfunctions in a gun which can only serve as a self defense item?

Is it because it's new and you figure the bugs will work out?

I have shot several hundred rounds (combined) through two LCP's without a single malfunction. Once you get used to the trigger it is a great mouse gun.[wink]

WOW. MA sucks. I am jealous. We can't buy either one of those guns here behind the Iron Curtain.

I have shot several hundred rounds (combined) through two LCP's without a single malfunction. Once you get used to the trigger it is a great mouse gun.[wink]

I wish I had chosen another LCP over the TCP. I sold my LCP right before I moved out of MA. The LCP never gave me a lick of trouble.

Back
Top Bottom