• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

38 super loads

I have a new 1911 in 38 super and I was wondering what a good load would be for it. I shoot IDPA and IPSC minor. I do not plan on using this gun to shoot IPSC major. Any load info would be greatly appreciated.

Also is see that .355" and .357" bullets can be loaded, any recommendations?

Thank you

Jay

I have a new 1911 in 38 super and I was wondering what a good load would be for it. I shoot IDPA and IPSC minor. I do not plan on using this gun to shoot IPSC major. Any load info would be greatly appreciated.

Also is see that .355" and .357" bullets can be loaded, any recommendations?

Thank you

Jay

.355 is 9mm and .356 is .38 super, barrels now are usually cut to .355 for .38 super. But your barrel may be different

what bullet are you going to be using?

I am getting ready to load .38 super but it will Major

I can give you a list from my manuals if you want.

Are you shooting a conventional .38 Super or a competition (race) gun?

Makes a BIG difference in how you load - factory ammo won't even cycle the slide of my race gun.

I am shooting a S&W Performance Center 1911 in 38 Super. I do not know the barrel diameter. I was looking towards shooting the 135 grain Berry's plated bullets.

You can shoot factory ammo. Speaking of factory, have you called S&W to inquire about what your barrel dimension is?

Back
Top Bottom