• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

38 SUPER is on the way!!!!!

I am excited!!!! Decided to have Dave Santurri fit a 38 super match grade barrel to my 9mm Wilson Combat CQB 1911 and just dropped it off today [grin] Reloaded some mild rounds and picked up a few magazines for Dave to dial it in for me....can't wait for him to call for the pick up.

I have a 10mm 1911 on the way as well and looking forward to that experience soon!!

But.......there is a downside [sad2] one of my Nighthawk Custom 1911's (a gorgeous T3 commander in 45acp and a Talon full size in 45acp) will have to go to a new home soon to pay for the new acquisitions, so stay tuned for my ads [sad2]

I am excited!!!! Decided to have Dave Santurri fit a 38 super match grade barrel to my 9mm Wilson Combat CQB 1911 and just dropped it off today [grin] Reloaded some mild rounds and picked up a few magazines for Dave to dial it in for me....can't wait for him to call for the pick up.

Are you going South of the Border and need something Mexico Legal ???

You should do fine.

this one is from Dave as well.
Sant_Super_L.jpg

Bob

Dave just rechambered my STI Targetmaster from 9mm to 9x23 Winchester. It's awesome. 124 gr bullets going 1400+ fps and I can easily keep them all on a rifle steel at 100 yards.

Are you going South of the Border and need something Mexico Legal ???
Actually, not Mexican legal. If you are fortunate enough to get a gun permit in Mexico, you can legally own a revolver up to .38 Special caliber or a semi-auto pistol up to .380 auto. No hollow-points or other expanding ammunition. Anything larger is restricted to Mexican military and police only.

Actually, not Mexican legal. If you are fortunate enough to get a gun permit in Mexico, you can legally own a revolver up to .38 Special caliber or a semi-auto pistol up to .380 auto. No hollow-points or other expanding ammunition. Anything larger is restricted to Mexican military and police only.

mexican military & police?? isn't that an oxymoron?

sorry i forgot my initial question.... school me on .38 super---more power than .357 magnum???

newbie question

I do t have the specs. But no I don't think so.

38 super is a very hot auto (not rimmed) cartridge. Iirc it is @ 9mmx 21. Like a super hot very reliable 9mm. Extremely flat shooting and capable of serious loads. Developed by the FBI around the time of Bonnie and Clyde to penetrate cars and give higher capacity in a 1911.

But I am going from memory here so, please correct me as needed..

And as soon as you have a 38 super 1911 it is cool to buy and carry those awesome German silver, saint judas, BVM or chicken grips you can get on ebay and feel really good about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom