• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

38 SPL/ 357 Mag case sorter

pastera

NES Member
Posted as a joke in the "what have you done" thread and there was some interest in it so here it is.

This is prototype 3 and should sort quite reliably if you don't put cases on the slide at too much of an angle.

Holes in the feet are threaded 4-40 to attach to a plastic coffee can lid. Cut a hole in the lid below the 38 drop slot and you're done.
To use, just place the case on the slide and 38's fall through the drop and 357 roll off the end into a second container.

Print two feet and one each of the other parts.
You may need to do some cleanup on the slots or tabs for the front - the slots are a little tight.
The locking tabs should hold the slide on tightly but a little super glue will hold things together better sorter stand v4.png

Attachments

• Sorter.zip
    282.9 KB · Views: 8
Awesome!! now I need to find a printer...LOL
I should be able to print out a few of these once my printer is done printing Baby Yodas...
All the parts are designed to lay as flat as possible and pack tight for shipping (should be much less than flat rate)

IMG_20191228_085438001.jpg
Printed out two sorters overnight and cleaned up the brim this morning - then promptly updated the models to remove the tab locks and add chamfers so that a brim isn't needed (but the slide would need glue)

Attachments

• 38_357_Sorter_Glue.zip
    260.6 KB · Views: 5
@pastera, you going to post it on thingyverse soon?

STL Files are in the posts above - PM me an eMail if you want the Fusion 360 models

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom