• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

38 special ammo recall (Winchester)

DW357

NES Member
Winchester Issue Warning and Recall Notice on 130 Grain Full Metal Jacket .38 Special -

Winchester have issued a recall notice on several lots of their 130 grain Full Metal Jacket .38 Special white box ammunition. This is due to the possibility that they have incorrect powder loadings.

Here’s Winchester’s product recall notice in full:

Olin Winchester, LLC (“Winchester”) is recalling three (3) lots of 38 Special 130 Grain Full Metal Jacket centerfire ammunition.
Symbol: USA38SPVP

Lot Numbers: KF21, KL30 and KM52

Winchester has determined the above lots of 38 Special ammunition may contain incorrect powder charges. Ammunition with excessive powder charges may cause firearm damage, rendering it inoperable, and subjecting the shooter and bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury or death.

DO NOT USE WINCHESTER® 38 SPECIAL 130 GRAIN SYMBOL USA38SPVP WITH LOT NUMBERS KF21, KL30 or KM52. The ammunition Lot Number is ink stamped inside the right tuck flap of the 100-round carton as indicated here. The symbol is printed above the UPC bar code.

-gh29Y6I2ex9YUyUseO79yZ5p9Ew0EWoa8qI-hGsz0qx3hWNxyRHix1Se31qPinvKKV3o0MURWWqOEW-gYZfbgvJE6jlSxKlKAL0qSDXHsiSUXaPlU4R_kRrjBRB6XqX_TmFL1n2UHq3AscAOSKPfRSXCWkcsu4G-FM=s0-d-e1-ft

To determine if your ammunition is subject to this notice, review the Symbol and Lot Number. If it is Symbol USA38SPVP with Lot Number KF21, KL30 or KM52, immediately discontinue use and contact Winchester toll-free at 844-653-8358 for free UPS pick-up of the recalled ammunition.

This notice applies only to Symbol USA38SPVP with Lot Numbers KF21, KL30 and KM52. Other Symbol or Lot Numbers are not subject to this recall.

If you have any questions concerning this 38 Special centerfire ammunition recall please call toll-free 844-653-8358, write to Winchester (600 Powder Mill Road, East Alton, IL 62024 Attn: USA38SPVP Recall), or visit our website at www.winchester.com.

Just looked at my box. I am OK. Thank you for the post.
Seems like it's just the 100 round boxes. Do they offer them in 50 round boxes? Don't they usually sell those at Walmart? Been so long since I've bought ammo...

I wonder. Not .38, but I have a lot of WWB in .45 ACP that won't cycle my M10 reliably like everything else will. Could be short on powder. Prior lots worked fine. Jack.
Interesting. I always thought their 9mm was loaded warm but maybe not the case for 45? Maybe worthwhile to contact Winchester?...

Interesting. I always thought their 9mm was loaded warm but maybe not the case for 45? Maybe worthwhile to contact Winchester?...
Only a couple hundred rounds left. I'll just give them
to Little Jack to run thru the other subguns and see how they work. Just won't buy any more. Jack.

Thankfully, I have so much .38 spl brass that I don't buy commercial stuff anymore. I tend to veer away from Winchester for other calibers as well unless that is all that is available. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Thankfully, I have so much .38 spl brass that I don't buy commercial stuff anymore. I tend to veer away from Winchester for other calibers as well unless that is all that is available. Thanks for the heads-up though.
Same. Before I reloaded, I quickly realized how shitty WWB ammo is and stopped buying it.

Back
Top Bottom