38/357 powders

Unique is the bomb. It is the best one to have if you only have 1. From 38 target loads to moderate 357 magnums it is very versatile.

When I want a little more kapow! I use 2400 for 357.

I also use w231 for 38 but, I'll probably switch to Bullseye when I burn up the rest of my stash,

I personally get my best groups, least amount of lead fouling from bullseye. I also use Clays as I have a good amount of it. I just purchased Unique and will try it soon. I find most of the softer loads to run dirty/sooty no matter the powder

I'm using #9 in my .357 and either WST, #5, or #2 in my .38 Spl. The only one I don't really care for is the #5
but I will use it up. #9 is pretty much the Accurate powder that competes with 2400 but much cleaner IMHO.

I also use Accurate no. 9, and like it. It couldn't meter any better, and seems clean. Not the most efficient powder out there, in grains per round, but none of the powders slow enough for magnum loads will be.

I bought a 1 lb bottle of TiteGroup for reloading my .380 autos and my 9x18 maks and it works very well for those loads...I guess it'll do a whole lot more too...I want to try it in my 38/357's but haven't had a chance.

I've been using W231 for .38's and mid-level .357. The latter has a lot of flash, so it's not the most efficient use of powder. Pretty to watch, tho.

H110 for full-power .357's. [smile]

i use bullseye for my .38spl loads. happy with it, can be a bit dirty behind lead though. i have titegroup for .40 i just havent tried it for my 38 loads

For .38 spl - W231, Accurate #5, Unique. Depends on bullet weight and what I'm using it for.

For .357, all of the above plus W296 for those "what the Hell was that?" loads. Again depends on the purpose, bullet weight etc.

W231 is a nice choice for practice, soft shooting rounds in either caliber, as is Unique.

Back
Top Bottom