• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

37mm

So whats the deal with 37mm launchers and rounds? Some websites say that it is a restrict item others say its not. It seems like a fun round to shoot if you have a wide open area where you are not going to set anything on fire. Anybody know the legality of the 37mm?

I am pretty sure (if I'm wrong someone will chime in) that in order for it to not have to be registered as a DD you can only shoot flares out of it. I don't see the fun in that.

I am pretty sure (if I'm wrong someone will chime in) that in order for it to not have to be registered as a DD you can only shoot flares out of it. I don't see the fun in that.

Flares, bird bombs, smoke, etc. If you want to shoot anything killy out of it, it needs to be registered as a DD.

Flares, bird bombs, smoke, etc. If you want to shoot anything killy out of it, it needs to be registered as a DD.

good to know. I found plenty of places that sell the flare rounds. i like the idea of shooting the chalk rounds but cant seem to find them

I know this is old but I have a question.

You can buy dummy type rounds that you can fire 12g shotgun rounds from ,.22lr and a few others.

Since those are firing from a smaller bore then .50 minus the 12g... Do you still need to register it as a dd?

How hard is it to do that in mass?

Unless the barrel is 18 inches if you shoot 12g it's a sbs. 16 inches for rifle and pistol calibers.

ETA, I'd elaborate more, but i am on my phone at family dinner. I need another drink.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom