360 Remington BuckHammer

I can see that benefit......but see that the majority of rifles being offered in 350 legend are bolt guns from what I see.
Yeah.....and its been pretty popular. The reason is because they made some nice cheap rifle packages to go along with it, and the lack of Leverguns around, and cost of them.

Their are guys that didn't want to use it in the AR platform or didn't have one so buying an upper wasn't on the menu, also some states don't allow semi autos like PA.

There are plenty of guys that didn't have access to a lever action .44, didn't want to pay the premium stupid prices for Leverguns that are going for
$900 and up nowadays, if you can even find one as they've been pretty rare over the last few years.

So they bought cheap Savage Axis's and Ruger American's in .350 Legend for 400 bucks with a scope on it already, and got in the woods with them, and I think that's been its biggest selling point....availability of cheap rifles.

I know it's not a model 94.....but Henry does make it's lever actions in 327.
You'd be fairly hard pressed to find a Henry in .41mag or .327 Fed without a custom order, or just stumbling upon one. Even then, they already said they won't make them with the side gate.

Honestly I can't believe Henry wants to bother with a new chambering, they have enough trouble producing enough .357, 44 and 45 LC big boys as it is. Maybe they are catching up....I don't know. New calibers sell new guns I guess.

Last edited:
I can see that benefit......but see that the majority of rifles being offered in 350 legend are bolt guns from what I see.
I think the SW X frame 350 has the potential to help the cartridge and we might see some lever action offerings.

Their $1,500 price kinda s*cks, but seems that is the same price for all their X frame.

But, that didn't work for the 460, which I think would be an awesome rifle cartridge.

Henry is making some single shots 350:

I think the SW X frame 350 has the potential to help the cartridge and we might see some lever action offerings.

Their $1,500 price kinda s*cks, but seems that is the same price for all their X frame.

But, that didn't work for the 460, which I think would be an awesome rifle cartridge.

Henry is making some single shots 350:
The 460 would be cool but I think that it’s too close to the 45–70 to bother chambering a lever action in it. Then you have the 45 raptor which is the rimless version for an AR10 platform.

It seems like new calibers are ballistically the same as calibers that have been around for more than 100 years. People think that something new will be better. Maybe they should just learn how to shoot.
Yeah but it keeps the companies in business. Like the 6.5 creedmanbunmoor. Everyone knows it can be outclassed by dozens of other cartridges but they wanna fit in at Starbucks so they pony up the cash and buy their status

You'd be fairly hard pressed to find a Henry in .41mag or .327 Fed without a custom order, or just stumbling upon one. Even then, they already said they won't make them with the side gate.

Honestly I can't believe Henry wants to bother with a new chambering, they have enough trouble producing enough .357, 44 and 45 LC big boys as it is. Maybe they are catching up....I don't know. New calibers sell new guns I guess.

Suprisingly, quite a few Henry 327s show up on Gunbroker but you are right, they will probably not make it in a side gate. I wish they would, I have a few thousand rounds along with a few revolvers that it would go nicely with but I really want one with the side gate. I really like the Ruger Single Sevens, just picked up another this week (they need free spin pawls though).

Suprisingly, quite a few Henry 327s show up on Gunbroker but you are right, they will probably not make it in a side gate. I wish they would, I have a few thousand rounds along with a few revolvers that it would go nicely with but I really want one with the side gate. I really like the Ruger Single Sevens, just picked up another this week (they need free spin pawls though).

Here's a nice looking one:

They are beautiful, I just hate the frigging tang safeties, or any safety on a lever action rifle.
I agree. But everything else is quality. The Tang safety is better than the stupid butthead button they put on Marlins.

I dislike the wood on Italian imports like Uberti / Taylors for the money it doesn't look right like good old walnut. They are nice guns otherwise.

Next trip driving down south, Ill be stopping at Taylors in Winchester for a good look at some of their shooting irons.

I agree. But everything else is quality. The Tang safety is better than the stupid butthead button they put on Marlins.

I dislike the wood on Italian imports like Uberti / Taylors for the money it doesn't look right like good old walnut. They are nice guns otherwise.

With the Marlins, though, you can replace the safety with a screw or put in a saddle ring so it literally disappears. I was told that Marlin actually designed them for these types of aftermarket parts.

With the Marlins, though, you can replace the safety with a screw or put in a saddle ring so it literally disappears. I was told that Marlin actually designed them for these types of aftermarket parts.

Saw these a while back, been meaning to put them into my 3 Marlins. Sounds like I found a winter project.

Marlin made a .41 back in 2003 timeframe. Probably rare as Hen's Teeth now.

Next trip driving down south, Ill be stopping at Taylors in Winchester for a good look at some of their shooting irons.
I agree with the tang safety. It’s definitely more functional than a cross bolt.
Most of the Italian imports I have seen has had really beautiful wood. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the reddish stain or varnish that they use was some thing that Winchester did in their early days.

The few modern Winchesters that I’ve held looked really nice, but the wood looked like they sanded it down and never put a finish on it. It was very dull and the pores needed filling.

Or buy a Henry and don't worry about a safety.

i can reload a .243 to do what Bandwagon 6.5 Creedmoor can do!?!?!
Although I loathe the 6.5 Screemoor, you'll have to try hard to convince me how a .243 Win can work on heavy animals like elk and moose as well as ANY 6.5 with 143 to 160 grain bullet availability. Most .243 heavy bullets max out at 0.500-0.525 B.C. against 6.5 at 0.625 B.C. so I don't think that above statement is true. In any event, .350L vs. .360 Buckhammer is more of a platform focus than anything else.

I agree with the tang safety. It’s definitely more functional than a cross bolt.
Most of the Italian imports I have seen has had really beautiful wood. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the reddish stain or varnish that they use was some thing that Winchester did in their early days.

The few modern Winchesters that I’ve held looked really nice, but the wood looked like they sanded it down and never put a finish on it. It was very dull and the pores needed filling.
Yeah....once you oil them up they look pretty good. I have a Model 94 short rifle in 30-30 and its a good looking gun.

That 1873 Taylors 20 inch octagon straight stock has my name on though.....looks like a real nice gun.

Discuss

30-30 blown out straight for .358” bullets and cut down to 1.8” for straight wall hunting states.
200 grain at 2100 FPS

It amazes me that after so many years Remington and Winchester are still copying each other and offering the same idea with or without a rim to compete against the other one.

View attachment 703783
I think I might need one.

Couldn't find any load data online. When these people release new cartridges, they should release load data with it.

Back
Top Bottom