• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

$359 PD Trade In Glock 22 RFTs Louisiana State Police

I owned a Detroit PD firearm in the past. The one run in I had with a dumbass newbie LEO who had a hard on and wanted to argue that a civilian couldn't own a former police weapon and it took me creating enough of a scene requesting a supervisor to come down and explain yes I could own it it was mine and I was free to go. Sometimes what seems like a cool buy can be a giant pain in the ass when you deal with the inept the uniformed and the downright stupid.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I owned a Detroit PD firearm in the past. The one run in I had with a dumbass newbie LEO who had a hard on and wanted to argue that a civilian couldn't own a former police weapon and it took me creating enough of a scene requesting a supervisor to come down and explain yes I could own it it was mine and I was free to go. Sometimes what seems like a cool buy can be a giant pain in the ass when you deal with the inept the uniformed and the downright stupid.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
I still have my Detroit Police Department G22 and it still looks new.

I still have my Detroit Police Department G22 and it still looks new.
I'll bet the serial number on the frame is upside down (relative to other Glocks); a Detroit PD requirement.

Many PDs have headed away from having the dept name engraved on the gun, as it makes it politically more difficult to trade the guns due to the political fallout of them showing up in civilian hands.

I'll bet the serial number on the frame is upside down (relative to other Glocks); a Detroit PD requirement.

Many PDs have headed away from having the dept name engraved on the gun, as it makes it politically more difficult to trade the guns due to the political fallout of them showing up in civilian hands.

Nope, not in this case with the LSP.

attachment.php

Attachments

• F1GLK22RTFLA.jpg
    F1GLK22RTFLA.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 483
Nope, not in this case with the LSP.
I said many, not all [grin]

Remember the police trads-in P7s that were out a decade or so ago. Every one had been vandalized with millwork on the slide removing the departmental designation and then crudely re-blued.

A while back, I grabbed several PD trade-in Glocks from that guy Mark . . . . aw dang. All long gone. All were pre-ban. GREAT deals. I think he was charging $250 for a G22 and $350 for a G27. (The 27 was effectively unused.)

Those are obviously harder and harder deals to find only b/c the years a PD would have had to hold the pre-ban Glocks. We are talking almost 20 years. Probably not likely anymore. :(

Maybe the whole AWB suit will allow the courts to tell Muuuaaaaraahhhh to pound sand and Glocks will flow free once again.

Those are obviously harder and harder deals to find only b/c the years a PD woul have had to hold the pre-ban Glocks. We are talking almost 20 years. Probably not likely anymore. :(
I remember reading that the Boston PD has a contact clause specifying new handguns once every 10 years, even though Rick's Python is well over ten years old and still serving him well (at least until Negan stole it).

They expire. Metal fatigue from sitting in a holster in a warm vehicle 12 months a year. After 10 years, it's no longer safe for them to be used by police officers.

That and it's one more way a PD can keep it's budget - by spending it's current budget. I mean, they get a deal on the things anyhow.

They expire. Metal fatigue from sitting in a holster in a warm vehicle 12 months a year. After 10 years, it's no longer safe for them to be used by police officers.

That and it's one more way a PD can keep it's budget - by spending it's current budget. I mean, they get a deal on the things anyhow.

You are kidding about the metal fatigue, right? Please tell me yes. (I could make the argument that they aren't safe to be used by police officers from Day 1. Ha.)

Rob - re Boston PD. They just transitioned to Gen 4 G22s over the last couple of years. Were those guns marked? It would be cool to have a BPD G22.

You are kidding about the metal fatigue, right? Please tell me yes. (I could make the argument that they aren't safe to be used by police officers from Day 1. Ha.)

Rob - re Boston PD. They just transitioned to Gen 4 G22s over the last couple of years. Were those guns marked? It would be cool to have a BPD G22.

[rofl]

oh yeah. It's a good excuse if you want a new gun tho, right???? Try it with your wife. Like the "Oh, Beretta's only last about 5,000 rounds. Then the slide will fire back and hit you square between the eyes. Best to buy a new one at around 4,000 rounds to be safe."

[rofl]

oh yeah. It's a good excuse if you want a new gun tho, right???? Try it with your wife. Like the "Oh, Beretta's only last about 5,000 rounds. Then the slide will fire back and hit you square between the eyes. Best to buy a new one at around 4,000 rounds to be safe."

And of course keep the old one. Just in case.

Back
Top Bottom