357 Sig

zmd

NES Member
I think I am love with this round. Just shot about 150 rounds yesterday at the range. I am pretty impressed. Although I think I am pretty screwed when it comes to reloading this round.

Don't understand the appeal.

Its a little more energy... not enough to make a difference.

Everything else about it make it inferior to just running 9mm.

it's fun to shoot. i also dig. sometimes can find it for under $20 a box in which case worth it. the Sig elite brand 125gr FMJ is often a good value and pretty hot load.

simliar to 357 mag, it does benefit from a longer barrel. a G35 outfitted w 357sig barrel can generate some pretty absurd muzzle velocities. it's also very pleasant to shoot out of a G20. just takes a barrel swap since the 10mm is parent case for 357sig.

I think I am love with this round. Just shot about 150 rounds yesterday at the range. I am pretty impressed. Although I think I am pretty screwed when it comes to reloading this round.
Why would you be screwed reloading 357 sig?

i like this round myself. i put a 357 barrel in a glock 22 and a smith 40c. very accurate. i added an extra step and use a .40/10 mm sizer die to resize the case body then just back off the 357 sizer die so it does just the neck. one has to stay really close to oal, very critical for proper feeding and chambering.

The accuracy out of a glock 32. The felt recoil. The simple fact I could hit the target at 50 feet lol. Kinda why I am impressed lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the muzzle flash

I use to carry a Glock 33, I think its too expensive for what it is: a weak attempt at copying the 357 mag. You could go with a really hot 9mm and get the same ballistics, or just go all the way and get a 357 mag revolver.

Don't understand the appeal.

Its a little more energy... not enough to make a difference.

Everything else about it make it inferior to just running 9mm.
What do you consider a little more energy? .357sig is a lot more powerful than 9mm.

The accuracy out of a glock 32. The felt recoil. The simple fact I could hit the target at 50 feet lol. Kinda why I am impressed lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the muzzle flash
.357sig's recoil is different in a good way, you def feel it but it's very easy to manage if that makes any sense. I find it a lot easier to shoot than .40.

it's fun to shoot. i also dig. sometimes can find it for under $20 a box in which case worth it. the Sig elite brand 125gr FMJ is often a good value and pretty hot load.

simliar to 357 mag, it does benefit from a longer barrel. a G35 outfitted w 357sig barrel can generate some pretty absurd muzzle velocities. it's also very pleasant to shoot out of a G20. just takes a barrel swap since the 10mm is parent case for 357sig.

I love the Sig elite stuff, it's pretty warm. At 20 a box I grab 5-6 at a time. My last bulk remanufactured ammo was 129.95 for 500.

Underwood makes some HOT .357SIG loads. You can deff. Feel a difference there. I carry my G33 daily.

Buffalo Bore makes some pretty heavy loads but I think they make even heavier loads in .40 S&W.

There has been some "complaints" about BB lately with regards to .357SIG. Apparently they have been using standard 9mm jhp projectiles and not dedicated .357SIG which would have a slightly more rounded nose, for feeding. Just what I read on the Glock forums though

I use to carry a Glock 33, I think its too expensive for what it is: a weak attempt at copying the 357 mag. You could go with a really hot 9mm and get the same ballistics, or just go all the way and get a 357 mag revolver.

not even close

- - - Updated - - -

There has been some "complaints" about BB lately with regards to .357SIG. Apparently they have been using standard 9mm jhp projectiles and not dedicated .357SIG which would have a slightly more rounded nose, for feeding. Just what I read on the Glock forums though

^this
if looking for optimal 357 loadings then it's underwood. not a fan of the buffalo bore 357sig.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the Sig elite stuff, it's pretty warm. At 20 a box I grab 5-6 at a time. My last bulk remanufactured ammo was 129.95 for 500.

Underwood makes some HOT .357SIG loads. You can deff. Feel a difference there. I carry my G33 daily.

if i were LE i would want to carry 357sig. the performance of that round is pretty impressive. for simple civilian purposes like myself it's not particularly needed, but if penetrating barriers is important than this round is good stuff. basically it will punch through a thick barrier and come out the other end with at least as much power as a 9mm.

It's a little stingy. But there is a marked difference in how the plates go down on the rack compared to 9mm. 9mm, they kinda fall over. 357sig. They slap down. That's enough for me.

I carry a G33. Love the round, fire it at dusk. If you miss, the fireball will scare the shit out of them! Lol

I have a hanging metal disk stand. The .40sw swings the disk, the 357sig bent the disk 30deg, after hitting it at the 3 o'clock position

I like the 357Sig I also like the 9x25 Dillon. The 9x25 Dillon is a necked down 10mm very much like the 357Sig except a lot more. You can up to 1800fps through a 5" barrel. It is still available from Double Tap. You can convert ant 10mm Glock with just a barrel conversion. I have converted Glock 20's and Glock 29's it's a handful in the 29 however fun to shoot.

I carry a G33. Love the round, fire it at dusk. If you miss, the fireball will scare the shit out of them! Lol

I have a hanging metal disk stand. The .40sw swings the disk, the 357sig bent the disk 30deg, after hitting it at the 3 o'clock position

Pics or it didn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom