• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.357 Sig or .40 S&W

I have both barrels in my Sig 239. I like the .40 because it's cheaper to shoot, but carry the .357sig because I like the round and the ballistics. The .357sig round is FAST and i find it to be acurate. The downside to the .357sig in a p239 is that it requires alot of practice to control your follow up shots. It is also quite expensive. I also have the 229 which is much more manageable in .357sig due to the gun being larger and more to hold on to.
Just my 2 cents though!

I like the .357Sig. When I shoot, it feels more rifle-like than the .40 S&W. For me at least it groups better, farther and faster - what's not to like? Price was the only drawback and I always hoped it would take off and become more affordable to buy commercially. I have a .357Sig Uzi barrel coming as soon as my stamp does - can't wait to shoot .357Sig out of an Uzi... [wink]

I prefer the .357 Sig in my P239. It is louder, but kicks less than the .40 which allows for faster follow up shots. It is more accurate as well.

I have a Glock 33 that I love (.357 Sig).

Everyone has their favorite, but do some reading on the .357 Sig round, it's pretty good stuff. I like it, it's loud, it's new, it feeds reliably, and no one's heard of it.

I say use whichever one you can put on target better.

If you reload .40 is a very inexpensive round to shoot. Brass is free on the ground at your local range and you can use relatively inexpensive cast lead bullets. My favorite is the 155 gr SWC.

Back
Top Bottom