• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

35 Winchester SL

Swift River Rob

NES Member
35 Winchester self loading

I could use some reloading data if anyone has it.

I'm told bullet diamater is .351, and I can resize 357 mag casings and dies are suposed to be available.

Anyone know of a source for 180 grain .351 bullets?

35 Winchester self loading

I could use some reloading data if anyone has it.

I'm told bullet diamater is .351, and I can resize 357 mag casings and dies are suposed to be available.

Anyone know of a source for 180 grain .351 bullets?

I believe that somewhere in my unorganized mess of oddities I may have a setr of Lyman mould blocks, a sizing die for the Star lubri-sizer and gas checks. PM me towards the end of next week and I'll see if I can locate them.

Whooa there. First of all there is a .35SL and a 351SL. Not the same thing. I have a 1907 Winchester in .351SL (Thanks again Goose). I have sources for cast and jacketed bullets Reloading Dies and brass for both calibers. And I have some .351SL load data. Drop me a PM

L to R: .35SL, 351SL, 45 ACP (for size comparison)

.35_Winchester_Self-Loading%2C_.351_Winchester_Self-Loading%2C_.45_ACP.jpg

Last edited:
Whooa there. First of all there is a .35SL and a 351SL. Not the same thing. I have a 1907 Winchester in .351SL (Thanks again Goose). I have sources for cast and jacketed bullets Reloading Dies and brass for both calibers. And I have some .351SL load data. Drop me a PM

Please send me that info - I have a hungry 1907 as well!

Thanks!

I know that the 351 WSL uses the 357 Max case but I believe the 35 WSL can use 357 Mag or maybe even 38 Spl cases. I will try to dig up the info I have tonight. I have a stash of Maximum cases that I am going to turn into 351 WSL later this fall once I get the lathe running. Neat old guns and the machining and workmanship is incredible. Just need to find a mold and I will be good to go.

Cartridges of the World lists the .35 Winchester Self Loading. Velocity with a 180 grain jacketed bullet is about 1440 fps with IMR4227 and 2400. According to the author, the .35 WSL can be fired in a .38 Special or a .357 magnum revolver. I don't know why any one would want to shoot such expensive ammo out of their .38 or .357. I can't find any data in any of my manuals.

Back
Top Bottom