• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

35 Whelen

I'm looking for some factory ammo. Will purchase or trade other ammo. All laws followed, thank you!
Yikes. I just looked at all of my sources and no one has it. I wonder if you give it another month or so, some vendors might have it in time for the fall for hunting season?
I’ll keep my eyes out for some.

@NavelOfficer you seen any?

I usually see .35 Whelen for sale when I visit North Country gun stores, like LL Cote in Errol, NH. Other places would be Ducret's in Colebrook (paging @tuna ), Rick's Gun Shop in Lyndonville, VT, Bossman Outdoors in Woodsville, NH, and Gateway Sports in Wells River, VT.

If you happen to be up that way.

I thought I saw someone selling some somewhere. I'll have to search a few forums and edit this post...

...yes, a fella in Sharon, CT has some:
Federal Fusion 35 Whelen full box $35.
Federal Fusion 35 Whelen partial box $$30
Federal Premium 35 Whelen partial trophy bonded Bear claw 17 rounds $35

Private message me and I'll provide his contact info.

BigAl23 has dies. Buy these and come down with brass and roll your own. I have suitable bullets. Live fire onsite.

Last edited:
I usually see .35 Whelen for sale when I visit North Country gun stores, like LL Cote in Errol, NH. Other places would be Ducret's in Colebrook (paging @tuna ), Rick's Gun Shop in Lyndonville, VT, B

I'll check Ducret's - but that's quite a hike for OP.

A quick look on Gunbroker shows a guy selling two different boxes in Rindge, NH. Pricey - but what isn't at this point?

I usually see .35 Whelen for sale when I visit North Country gun stores, like LL Cote in Errol, NH. Other places would be Ducret's in Colebrook (paging @tuna ), Rick's Gun Shop in Lyndonville, VT, Bossman Outdoors in Woodsville, NH, and Gateway Sports in Wells River, VT.

If you happen to be up that way.
Thanks for the heads up.

I'll check Ducret's - but that's quite a hike for OP.

A quick look on Gunbroker shows a guy selling two different boxes in Rindge, NH. Pricey - but what isn't at this point?
Yes, I saw those yesterday. The Corelokt is kinda out of the ballpark pricey but the other was okay, auction so we'll see

The ammo companies only make the oddball calibers once a year, usually late spring. All of the .35 Rem, .35 Whelen, 6mm Rem, .257 Roberts, .375 Win, etc is all mostly dried up for the year.

Time to get into reloading. Admit it, secretly you've always wanted to. Also recognize that your self control isn't superior to those of us that started just needing to reload for one or two calibers and now have shelves full of dies and components. Don't fight it. It's better to just let it happen [rofl]

Seriously, reloading gives you options for bullets and velocities you can't have any other way. Imagine having a low power plinking round in 35W and being able to actually practice with your elk gun without crippling your shoulder or wallet.

I got into it when I inherited my granddad's gun closet which included 2 Krags, a sporterized 1917 Enfield in 35-Whelen-Improved and a Winchester Highwall in R-2 Lovell. He was into some weird shit[laugh]

For 30-06 and Krags I load cheap 110gr bullets over just enough powder that at 100y it has the same drop as 180gr hunting loads. Great for practicing shooting standing up on my hind legs.

Time to get into reloading. Admit it, secretly you've always wanted to. Also recognize that your self control isn't superior to those of us that started just needing to reload for one or two calibers and now have shelves full of dies and components. Don't fight it. It's better to just let it happen [rofl]

Seriously, reloading gives you options for bullets and velocities you can't have any other way. Imagine having a low power plinking round in 35W and being able to actually practice with your elk gun without crippling your shoulder or wallet.

I got into it when I inherited my granddad's gun closet which included 2 Krags, a sporterized 1917 Enfield in 35-Whelen-Improved and a Winchester Highwall in R-2 Lovell. He was into some weird shit[laugh]

For 30-06 and Krags I load cheap 110gr bullets over just enough powder that at 100y it has the same drop as 180gr hunting loads. Great for practicing shooting standing up on my hind legs.
No time or patience haha

Back
Top Bottom