Spelling Corrections

Firefox has a built in realtime spell checker and underlines each misspelled word, offering you correct spellings.

Another good reason to make it your browser of choice.

+1. It's what I use. Of course, it won't correct bad grammar, but that's life on the interwebs.

I stumbled across this sticky for the first time today. I thought I'd resurrect it.

Chris said
It's weird, but I've read that a lot of people growing up with computers have similar issues with words they learn and use after elementary school if most of their writing is done on a computer.

I read an article recently that said most high school students in the mid west do not know how to tell time by an hour and minute hand clock. They have had nothing but digital read out clocks and never used an old one. The next time my MD does the mental acuity test, and asks me to draw a clock at 11:15, I'll draw a rectangle and put 1115 in it.

dwarven1 said
How did these people graduate high school?

I was such a piss poor speller in high school, that I would have to give my girlfriend any assignment to correct the spelling before I turned it in. Grammar was ok, just spelling. To this day I despise nonparallel construction. When you use, "not only" it has to be followed by, "but also". <--= LOL @ the , "." .

dwarven1 said
(note: an apostrophe does NOT mean "Hey, look out, here comes an 's'!") [smile][wink]

Ahem large target,
"Hey, look out, here comes an 's'!"
needs a, "," after the "an" before the, 's'.

Back
Top Bottom