• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spelling Corrections

Thank You Sir may I have another.
bottom.gif

I try and watch my spelling, but punctuation has never been my strong suit. I also use ... a lot when I'm pausing to think and type at the same time....Safari comes equipped with a spell checker and has for a long time, but the dictionary is not the greatest. I also try and not bash people for their grammar - it's difficult enough for some to put themselves out there and I wonder how many we drive away by being unkind?

I also try and not bash people for their grammar - it's difficult enough for some to put themselves out there and I wonder how many we drive away by being unkind?

Well, I think there's a difference between insulting someone because they, say, spliced two strong clauses with a comma instead of a semicolon (the horror! [wink]), and suggesting to someone that perhaps using no punctuation at all is causing their post not to be taken seriously.

Well, I think there's a difference between insulting someone because they, say, spliced two strong clauses with a comma instead of a semicolon (the horror! [wink]), and suggesting to someone that perhaps using no punctuation at all is causing their post not to be taken seriously.

I agree. Some of the posts here lately have caused me to wear out a wheel on my decoder ring.

I agree. Some of the posts here lately have caused me to wear out a wheel on my decoder ring.

It's really easy. If you can't determine what the poster is saying (whether it's run on sentences, grammar issues, etc.) skip over it. Life is short. [wink]

Never a mod, but maintained websites, maintained networks, maintained IT security - all about cleaning up after users.[grin] Ya gotta want to do it, to stay with it. Yes, I can appreciate what they do.

Are you sick of the Spelling Nazi's constantly chastising you on your spelling? Then download ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer. It's free, safe and easy to use. Give it a try. You and the Spelling Nazi's will be glad you did.

Hey- this works great! I found a few typos in a few recent posts. You helped save me from the wrath of the spelling bees!

Exactly what I pointed out to my boss at my review. Why do you think my post count is where it is? Not enough to do at work.

Feel free to bookmark and use the new smileys. [grin]

I never tell my bosses I don't have enough to do. They can always find some project that someone else screwed up to dump on me.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom