• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington UMC 9mm $0.10/rnd at Cabela’s

Just left the Cabela’s plaza in Berlin MA. Market basket has Cabela’s gift cards for 20% off. No limit on quantity.

Cabela’s has Remington UMC 9mm in 350 round buckets for $75 with $30 mail rebate.

Not sure but the Cabela’s sale prices might be ending in a few hours.

Also had Rem UMC .45 auto (not sure on price) and 1000 rnd 5.56 with metal ammo can for $300. OK deals as is....a lot sweeter with some 20% off gift cards.:D

BTW....the GC display rack at Market basket says "limit 2 cards" but they came over the PA system and said they are lifting the limit on Cabela's cards ONLY.

Just left the Cabela’s plaza in Berlin MA. Market basket has Cabela’s gift cards for 20% off. No limit on quantity.

You got a better price than I did @ Dicks $99 for first 350 round bucket, $49.50 for second. Had a $25 off coupon so total was around $125.00 for two buckets. God forbid we should have a Cabela's around here... (Boston)

Cabela's is only 42 miles from Boston. How much closer do you think they would build one to Boston?

Hey y'all.
I looked at some of the reviews (on the web cuz it must be true) for the Remington 9mm buckets. No real complaints on the quality, BUT, some of the reviewers went so far as to count all the rounds in their buckets, and found them to be as many as 60 rounds short. YIKES!
I would like to see one of us get a bucket (or two) at Dicks, get in line with a bunch of soccer moms in yoga pants, then when you FINALLY get to the cashier, open the bucket and very slowly count out each round. After all, if you bought a dozen high priced golf balls, you would be sure to count to 12 to make sure you got what you were paying for right??

Just Sayin'!!

Hey y'all.
I looked at some of the reviews (on the web cuz it must be true) for the Remington 9mm buckets. No real complaints on the quality, BUT, some of the reviewers went so far as to count all the rounds in their buckets, and found them to be as many as 60 rounds short. YIKES!
I would like to see one of us get a bucket (or two) at Dicks, get in line with a bunch of soccer moms in yoga pants, then when you FINALLY get to the cashier, open the bucket and very slowly count out each round. After all, if you bought a dozen high priced golf balls, you would be sure to count to 12 to make sure you got what you were paying for right??

Just Sayin'!!
Good to know. I've got 3 buckets to go count now

OK. You guys MADE me do it. Im not counting all 3 buckets....but I'll weigh them.:D

3 buckets....2 weighing in at exactly 9.354 lbs and the 3rd 9.358 lbs. A single round weighs in at .024-.026 lbs on my scale. I counted one bucket at EXACTLY 350 rounds. Thats good enough for me.

38ZnjAtl.jpg

Dfq6V3Wl.jpg

Last edited:
Cabela's is only 42 miles from Boston. How much closer do you think they would build one to Boston?
I live in West Roxbury. I'd go to a Cabelas if there was one in Dedham -- Norwood -- Walpole. Lots of other big box stores in those towns and I bet plenty of people from around here would go to Cabelas if there was one closer by.

OK. You guys MADE me do it. Im not counting all 3 buckets....but I'll weigh them.:D

3 buckets....2 weighing in at exactly 9.354 lbs and the 3rd 9.358 lbs. A single round weighs in at .024-.026 lbs on my scale. I counted one bucket at EXACTLY 350 rounds. Thats good enough for me.

38ZnjAtl.jpg

Dfq6V3Wl.jpg
I used the same scale to determine that 10 rounds weighed 118 grams, I tared the bucket away and the ammo weighed 4141 grams, so 350.9 rounds (probably exactly 350 with a small fraction on the 118g)

OK, picked up 3 at Cabelas. After reading the thread, I too weighed them and they came in at exactly 10 lbs on a digital bathroom scale. Had my lovely wife count out a bucket and there were 353 rds. I'll take the few extras.

Also walmart is carrying steel cased Winchester now which comes out to about 15 cents a round. Not as good a deal, but I think it's an ongoing price. And if anything the ammo is a little on the hot side.

Mike

Is it all market baskets with the gift card sale? Haven't seen any on ebay recently and would like to pick some up.

Not sure. I would think its all MB's, but I havent checked any others. Also, I'm not sure if the 20% off or unlimited quantity was a limited time thing.

Back
Top Bottom