• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two Dead, Three Others Wounded On Opening Day Of Wisconsin Deer Season

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
MILWAUKEE — Two Wisconsin hunters were found dead in their stands in the same county on opening day of the gun-deer season.

Both men died Saturday in Marquette County, about 60 miles north of the state's capital of Madison, one of natural causes and one from a gunshot wound, Coroner Tom Wastart said Sunday.

Three other hunters were reported wounded in firearms incidents.

An estimated 600,000 hunters headed into the woods throughout Wisconsin for opening weekend of the nine-day firearms hunt.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/20/deer-hunters-dead/880008001/

I'd still rather take my chances in the Wisconsin woods than the streets of Chicago.
Yes sir.
My dad lost a friend in the woods. Heart failure.
Only know of one person in the circle of hunting friends to get shot. Self inflicted(poor gun handling) and very lucky to live.
Sadly these things can happen much like a car crash.

not-sure-if-serious-or-sarcasm.jpg
imgres

One guy died of natural causes. The other guy died of a gunshot wound but they’re not looking for a shooter.

The three who were wounded and survived shot themselves.

If I were a journalist I would have noted people who died throughout the state from any cause on opening day of deer season.

If you have an agenda, use it.

And some people give me grief for being against Sunday hunting,
What the f*** does Sunday hunting have to do with this article?

One guy died of natural causes

One guy was found dead from a gsw......could have been murder we don't know

The other incidents we're dumbasses shooting themselves.

600,000 hunters entered the woods that same day. Im still safer in the woods than in the city.

Last edited:
those aren't terrible odds. still wondering if the heart attack guy shot the other guy by accident

Yes sir.
My dad lost a friend in the woods. Heart failure.
Only know of one person in the circle of hunting friends to get shot. Self inflicted(poor gun handling) and very lucky to live.
Sadly these things can happen much like a car crash.
Lately I think they are really pushing these hunting accidents in the news. Another thing to go after.

What the f*** does Sunday hunting have to do with this article?

One guy died of natural causes

One guy was found dead from a gsw......could have been murder we don't know

The other incidents we're dumbasses shooting themselves.

600,000 hunters entered the woods that same day. Im still safer in the woods than in the city.

Chicago has an average of a couple deaths per day, I think? All year long.

In breaking news.... joggers are hit by cars, bicyclist die from head injurys, and gravity has been known to kill base jumpers.

Rumor has it if you within miles of a guns your far more likely to be shot then say if your on the moon.

Maybe we need a law stateing in order to hunt your required to wear body armor. I think this will seriously cut down on all this self inflicted gun violence.

It will be highly effective, just like how smart guns will prevent 2/3 of gun violence, by stopping so many people from commiting suicide.

Maybe we need a law stateing in order to hunt your required to wear body armor.

I've been an advocate for body armor for quite some time now. Bloomberg really wants to save lives? Start buying armor for people, far more effective than regulating the people that aren't the problem. Course, gun control isn't about saving lives...

Thats .0008%
Incident rate. Gather 600,000 people for any event and this is an excellent outcome.

Back
Top Bottom